Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by 3dogs, Jul 19, 2007.

1. deltazulu

deltazulu New Member

I love my VFR and would be absolutely devastated if I dropped it, but I bought it to ride and ride it I do. I put 7500 miles on it last year and plan on putting 10K on it this year. I took the Total Control course right after I got the VFR in Feb 2009 and I have to say it was worth every penny and I highly recommend it. IMHO, it will reduce the risk of you dropping your bike or getting yourself killed. Proper riding technique allows you to go slow or fast with a bigger safety margin (or as Keith Code would say you will have more dollars left to spend on other things rather than using it all up on lean angle because of bad technique). I was in the class with an R1, a couple of Gixxers, a V-Strom, and a Beamer and it was a humbling class for all of us...regardless of experience level or bike. I can tell you the VFR held its own and the R1 and Gixxer riders were impressed with how well it handled. Bottom line, if you can go in the class and ride your own ride, and keep the macho competition/pride shit out of it, there will be little risk of dropping your bike (there will be a risk) and you will be a better (read safer) rider when you get done.

Train like you fight!

Attached Files:

2. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

I probably will regret posting on this thread, but here goes.

I am kind of disappointed, I for one have never taken a riding class that teaches riding skills and only after racing did I read up on riding skills. Does this make me any less of a rider?
    I think the best thing that can get you ready for the street is a dirt bike and some knarly single track trough heavy forest at about 60 mph. About 3 years of it.

If the rider is not comfortable to take the class on his bike then so be it, you should encourage him to take the class but maybe on a different bike.
    The 6th gen is not know for its great slow speed maneuvering abilities at all.

I have had 3 crashes on the street in 20 years 2 of them my fault showing off. The third was a bunch of kids who dumped a qt of oil at an intersection to see a car accident.

Bubba and Betarace you guys have skills, but more so from practicing what you have been taught, you will learn nothing if you don't practice, even if you take a class.

My advice to the member is to take the class, but do it on a bike you are comfortable riding. You seem to be nervous about using your bike and that will most likely cause you to drop it.
    You can always take what you have learned and put it to use on the VFR even if you use a different bike for the class.

3. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    No arguement there 02. Riding a bike you are uncomfortable with is guaranteed disaster.

However, you get the most benifit in training by practicing with the gun you plan to shoot.

Do you suppose a LEO practices monthly with a revolver and carries a semi'?

A guy isn't going to make the same mistakes riding a different bike with different brakes, suspension, seat, motor, tires, center of gravity, etc...

Sure, you'll learn something and walk away better off. But your dollar is best spent practicing on what you ride.

It's just plastic man, you can buy more. Take the plastics off if you're worried about it.

4. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

that is all that counts

5. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Does it though?

I'm suggesting; what if a guy brings another bike and practices in class. The bike has a different front suspension setup and rear brakes that aren't as good as his normal ride.

Goes to class, makes mistakes, and the instuctor helps him out.

Then he goes home, jumps on the VFR, tries to perform the same manuever locking up the rear brake crashes and dies :kaboom:

Sorry, I just like that one and wanted to be a smartass. (you're surprised right?)

6. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

yes I am...
    for one I have ridden a ton of bikes, in most cases back to back.
    I don't think taking Lees course on a differnt bike will affect what he learns, best to take the class on a differnt bike then not at all.
    Again you really want to learn buy a dirt bike and ride the wheels off of it, the best way to learn IMO.

7. cebuVFR

cebuVFR Member

United States
    Map
    i think the most important part here is to learn the technique, and practice it, be it on a vfr or on a rented bike. proper technique can be applied on any bike you ride. that's why on lee's book, you'll see photos of a rider on various types of bike. i totally agree with tink that ".....you get the most benifit in training by practicing with the gun you plan to shoot...." but if that's not possible, then go and rent a bike!

8. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    My Timex takes a lickin and keeps on ticken..Yep, I have one of the new autowinds.

I still think Cybird is chickenshit.

The question now with all this advice is when he goes down, who will get to be the one to blame, who in his opinion has carnal relations with his mama and chokes on shit?

Not to worry about the pros, He will open his mouth to one of the instructors and it's bye-bye birdie.

9. betarace

betarace New Member

I will blame Bubba Zanetti, who with no doubt blame:
    Barack Hussein Obama, who will of course blame:
    1. George Bush - for inheriting this thread; or
    2. Racists - they are everywhere and the root of america's problems, who will blame
    3. Society - because they were born into a racist world, who will blame
    4. Genetics - because people that drop bikes in parking lot training are born that way and no amount of training will help

given the above, I am sure Nancy Pelosi will mandate that everyone (whether they ride bikes or not) will have to take this Training because "america is better than this" and "we cant turn our backs on parking lot pussies"

10. Badbilly

United States
    Parking lot pussy? Just check out some of those RV's rockin and rollin in the WalMart parking lots for that, taking sag and rebound to an entirely new level.

11. xeipher

xeipher New Member

Uhmm guys. I am not sure the fate of locked threads on VFRWorld but this thread has got some really good info at the start. Now its kinda spiraling into something that eventually could get locked. Just my opinion, and its kinda getting to a point where folks are bashing each other.

12. deltazulu

deltazulu New Member

Based on that body positioning in your profile pic you might want to come to the parking lot and work on that brother...you riding flat track or street in that PIC?

13. betarace

betarace New Member

nice! well done

14. Cyborg

Cyborg New Member

United States
    Wow, you can tell time? Amazing...

You can think and have a bad opinion of me?! One shock after another! BTW, I'll be happy to help you test your chickenshit theory, anytime you like.

It all depends, will it be because I screwed up somehow (the reason for 3 of my 4 MC wrecks over 26 years) or did everything right and simply got nailed by something like oil on the road or a lefty? Unlike you, I own up to what I do.

You've contradicted yourself. How can it be bye-bye birdie if I'm too chickenshit to take the course? Also unlike you, I don't need help keeping my mouth shut.

15. Badbilly

United States
    Now that you have vented, have you signed up for one of the riding courses yet?

16. betarace

betarace New Member

yes, and i am sorry for venting

17. betarace

betarace New Member

People generally have strong views about Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic. For those of you who like to eat dessert before soup, my conclusion at the end of this letter is going to be that we can't stop Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic overnight. It takes time, patience and experience to answer the mischievous dweebs who conceal information and, occasionally, blatantly lie. I'm not saying this to be manipulative but rather to explain that obnoxious, pompous clodpolls like Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic are not born—they are excreted. However unsavory that metaphor may be, most people don't realize that Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic has already revealed its plans to declare martial law, suspend elections, and round up dissidents (i.e., anyone who does not buy its lie that truth is whatever your grievance group says it is). It revealed these plans in a manifesto bearing all of the hallmarks of having been written by a clumsy crook. Not only is its manifesto entirely lacking in logic, relentlessly subjective, and totally anecdotal, but while Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic has been beating the drums of absenteeism, I've been trying to keep the faith. In doing so, I've learned that I can guarantee the readers of this letter that its desire to undermine the foundations of society until a single thrust suffices to make the entire edifice collapse is the chief sign that it's an ignorant, crapulous slanderer. (The second sign is that Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic feels obliged to transform our society into a polyloquent war machine.)

By toning down its shell games, many more people are exposed to Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic's brusque, rash message, convinced by its passion, and seduced by its simplistic answers to complex social problems. Common sense should render unwarranted any claim that the ancient Egyptians used psychic powers to build the pyramids. You don't need to be the smartest guy on the planet to figure that out. Heck, even the lowliest Joe Six-Pack knows that by allowing Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic to set the wolf to mind the sheep we are selling our souls for dross. Instead, we should be striving to bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to the current debate.

Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic's den of thieves appears to be growing in number. I unquestionably pray that this is analogous to the flare-up of a candle just before extinction, yet I keep reminding myself that someone just showed me a memo supposedly written by Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic. The memo spells out its plans to hurt people's feelings. If this memo is authentic, it tells us that Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic has, on a number of occasions, expressed a desire to prevent me from getting my work done. On all of these occasions I submitted to the advice of my friends, who assured me that it never tires of trying to extinguish fires with gasoline. Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic presumably hopes that the magic formula will work some day. In the meantime, it seems to have resolved to learn nothing from experience, which tells us that it has delivered exactly the opposite of what it had previously promised us. Most notably, Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic's vows of liberation turned out to be masks for oppression and domination. And, almost as troubling, its vows of equality did little more than convince people that its favorite buzzword these days is "crisis". Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic likes to tell us that we have a crisis on our hands. It then argues that the only reasonable approach to combat this crisis is for it to label everyone it doesn't like as a racist, sexist, fascist, communist, or some equally terrible "-ist". In my opinion, the real crisis is the dearth of people who understand that by comparing today to even ten years ago and projecting the course we're on, I'd say we're in for an even more truculent, nettlesome, and discourteous society, all thanks to Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic's sermons.

Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic wants all of us to believe that the sky is falling. That's why it sponsors brainwashing in the schools, brainwashing by the government, brainwashing statements made to us by politicians, entertainers, and sports stars, and brainwashing by the big advertisers and the news media. It will not be easy to announce that we may need to picket, demonstrate, march, or strike to stop Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic before it can compromise the things that define us, including integrity, justice, love, and sharing. Nevertheless, we must attempt to do exactly that for the overriding reason that there are some basic biological realities of the world in which we live. These realities are doubtless regrettable, but they are unalterable. If Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic finds them intolerable and unthinkable, the only thing that I can suggest is that it try to flag down a flying saucer and take passage for some other solar system, possibly one in which the residents are oblivious to the fact that Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic wants to block streets and traffic to the extent that ambulances can't get through. What does it think it is? I mean, an injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere. Keep that in mind the next time you catch Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic leading to the destruction of the human race.

Although there are no formal, external validating criteria for Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic's horny claims, I think we can safely say that while it's out increasing society's cycle of hostility and violence, the general public is shouldering the bill. Sadly, this is a bill of shattered minds, broken hearts and homes, depression and all its attendant miseries, and a despondency about Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic's attempts to propitiate the worst types of patronizing tightwads there are for later eventualities. Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic's plan is to encumber the religious idea with too many things of a purely earthly nature and thus bring religion into a totally unnecessary conflict with science. Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic's fans are moving at a frightening pace toward the total implementation of that agenda, which includes insulting my intelligence. Don't misunderstand me; I'm not saying that the world can be happy only when Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic's Praetorian Guard is given full rein. In fact, it seeks scapegoats for its own shortcomings by blaming the easiest target it can find, that is, incomprehensible lowlifes.

Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic has for a long time been arguing that unfounded attacks on character, loads of hyperbole, and fallacious information are the best way to make a point. Had it instead been arguing that perennial crybabies like it wouldn't fare well without a legal skirt to hide under, I might cede it its point. As it stands, the leap of faith required to bridge the logical gap in Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic's arguments is simply too terrifying for me to contemplate. What I do often contemplate, however, is how I could go on for pages listing innumerable examples of its batty wheelings and dealings and unsophisticated deeds. I have already written enough, surely, to convince you that I have in fact told Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic that it is eminently hotheaded. Unfortunately, there really wasn't anything to its response. I suppose Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic just doesn't want to admit that I have traveled the length and breadth of this country and talked with the best people. I can therefore assure you that when I was a child my clergyman told me, "Words fail me in describing my pure distaste for Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic's exegeses and incontinent taradiddles." If you think about it you'll see his point.

Life is a search for the true, the good, and the beautiful. It is not, as Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic believes, an excuse to make a mockery of our most fundamentally held beliefs. Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic had promised us liberty, equality, and fraternity. Instead, it gave us vigilantism, Bulverism, and exclusionism. I suppose we should have seen that coming, especially since sometime in the future Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic will resolve a moral failure with an immoral solution. Fortunately, that hasn't happened...yet. But it will definitely happen if we don't stand uncompromised in a world that's on the brink of Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic-induced disaster.

Let's be frank: Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic would have us believe that character development is not a matter of "strength through adversity" but rather, "entitlement through victimization". That, of course, is nonsense, total nonsense. But Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic is surrounded by benighted, backwards reavers who parrot the same nonsense, which is why it sees us merely as consumers in a market of undifferentiated possibilities, where choice itself becomes the good, novelty usurps beauty, and subjective experience displaces truth. Am I aware of how Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic will react when it reads that last sentence? Yes. Do I care? No, because it plans to intensify race hatred. The result will be an amalgam of brazen antipluralism and self-satisfied Fabianism, if such a monster can be imagined.

Here, too, we can see how by allowing Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic to stir up one part of the population against another, we are allowing it to play puppet master. Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic maintains that five-crystal orgone generators can eliminate mind-control energies that are being radiated from secret, underground, government facilities. Perhaps it would be best for it to awaken from its delusional, narcoleptic fantasyland and observe that its smear tactics cannot stand on their own merit. That's why they're dependent on elaborate artifices and explanatory stories to convince us that all it takes to start a rabbit farm is a magician's magic hat.

Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic wants us to feel sorry for the slovenly, self-absorbed yobbos who threaten the existence of human life, perhaps all life on the planet. I profess we should instead feel sorry for their victims, all of whom know full well that Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic respects nothing and no one. That much is crystal clear. But did you know that Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic's goons are in league with unprofessional skinflints who expose and neutralize Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic's enemies rather than sit at the same table and negotiate? That's why I'm telling you that at no time in the past did sullen perverts shamble through the streets of cities, demanding rights they imagine some supernatural power has bestowed upon them. Some day, in the far, far future, Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic will realize that its egocentric campaigns are responsible for the growth in teen pregnancy, the demise of the work ethic, the size of the federal deficit, and everything else that's wrong with our nation. This realization will sink in slowly but surely and will be accompanied by a comprehension of how Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic's co-conspirators often reverse the normal process of interpretation. That is, they value the unsaid over the said, the obscure over the clear. That's all I have time now to write. If you want to get more insight into Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic's mentality, though, then study the details of its accusations. Try to see the big picture: It will indeed amaze you. It will take your breath away. And it will convince you that nobody likes sanguinary shysters.

18. xeipher

xeipher New Member

WTF :jaw: :faint: :rip:

19. Cyborg

Cyborg New Member

United States
    :boozer::bolt:

20. Badbilly

United States

Be careful not to piss Cyberg off or he will start talking smack about your mama and your diet.