Tp sensor fault after t-stat change, pls help!

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Emre, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Emre

Emre New Member

Netherlands
    Hi , I just replace the t-stat. It was always on. After assembling the throttle body and air box, not closed for testing connected all tubes connection.

when, even, ignition is on, FI light blinks 8 times, means TP sensor is not connected or faulty or faulty harness.

I measured the input voltage, it is 5.01v , so harness looks ok? What should I check, honda sells tp sensor with whole throttle body. How to understand the tp sensor is faulty? I just replaced the t-stat. How tp sensor damaged? Maybe I miss something that you know guys.

2. Grum

Grum New Member

Australia
    - What bike do you have 5th, 6th or 8gen?
    - Does the engine start and how does it respond to throttle input?

If you've measured the 5v relative to the Signal Ground wire of the TPS plug, then you only need to confirm the continuity of the Signal wire from the TPS up to the ECM, assuming there's nothing wrong with the TPS itself. Service Manual explains how to check the TPS and its wiring.

Emre likes this.
  3. Emre

Emre New Member

Netherlands
    My bike is 5th gen, 99, I connected third ignition coil wrongly, maybe it burned the sensor.

I bought salvaged throttle body with working tps and installed it with my injectors. Everything is ok now, somehow I killed the tp sensor:(

also my bike had hard start problem, looks like it is gone. I synced starter valves, maybe it solved hard start problem.

I didn’t do test drive yet, I hope new t-stat also works. I tested it on center stant and temp reached 94c degrees, opened and temp reduced to 77 quickly. Looks t stat is ok.