Track Day / Race Bikes.... What's yours?

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by Honda RS125, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Cyberob

Cyberob New Member

Netherlands
    Using my 2001 VFR as track bike for the 2nd year in a row. When I am able to do a proper knee down, than maybe I will look for something else. For me it still has enough to offer![​IMG]

2. ceptorman

ceptorman New Member

United States
    As we all know it's the rider, not the bike. Freddy Spencer used to makes laps at his racing school on a 5th gen VFR, while his students were all on CBR600s, nobody came close to keeping up with him on the track.

Cyberob likes this.
  3. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    Map
    I followed Freddie at speed on his VFR reach over with his left hand to maintain throttle while he used his right to reach down and point at the apex.

I also got to do hot laps at the end of the day with Nicky Hayden. He visited the School for some laps before his season. One of my proudest moments on a track is when I got a double take from Nicky when he checked over his shoulder and someone was still in sight. Gave me a little nod and thumbs up. I ran the bike out of gas on the track, I didn't want to stop I was having so much fun.

4. ceptorman

ceptorman New Member

United States
    That's a treasured day for sure, great story. Both of those guys are Honda guys down to their core.