Two Brothers Exhaust

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by love2ride, Oct 25, 2006.

1. love2ride

love2ride New Member

A buudy I ride with really likes the looks of the two brothers Dual V.A.L.E.™ Slip-On Exhaust Systems. His bike is an 05 (VFR of course) and was wondering what people think of the pipes and thier feedback on the sound and workmanship.

He has a PC and BKN filer as well. Are there maps that he can get to download for this combination and will he get the results for the money of these pipes?

Thanks in advance for the feedback..

2. love2ride

love2ride New Member

So, nobody has the two brothers slip ons? Seems like the top ones are staitunes, micron and leo vince.

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I have a 2bros. I have no probs with it but I don't mention it much cause KC10 had a bad experience and he really hates 2bros. It came with my bike so I have no strong feeling one way or the other. I say they are all pretty close so I would buy based on looks/cost/sound to me.

4. Action

Action New Member

United States
    Map
    I have the same system on my '04. Like Reg71, mine came with the bike. I really like the looks and sound but I don't like the fact that only one side is active. The workmanship seems on par with other systems I’ve looked at. There are other systems I like better but none enough to switch. If I could have my pick I would probably get a Remus system in titanium. If you’re curious about how they look on the bike check out my gallery.

5. love2ride

love2ride New Member

Reg71 and Action,

Thanks for the feedback. I am looking into Leo Vince in CF myself. Have you guys tried running without the power tip? I heard they get pretty loud. Wish they ran through two pipes, more VFR riders might buy them. What's up with KC10? Guess you better not say two bros around him:censored:

How does the sound seem to compare to other pipes? I did hear them on an R1. Thought an Inday car was passing me. :eek:

Thanks for the feedback

6. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

It's called freedom of speach... I'm allowed to say that TBR sucks. If you like them, that's great. I don't like them & I think they suck. To each their own...

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane:

7. Webbfire2004

Webbfire2004 New Member

Map
    A VoteFR

I like the nickle plated carbon fibre Two Brothers "Stash" system for 4 reasons. 1 I saved almost 10 lbs of weight over the stock system. 2 I like the look. 3 I like the sound. 4 I like the fact that it provides SOME storage space.

8. Action

Action New Member

United States
    Map
    I took the powertips out and didn't notice much difference. I like the way they look in and it makes the bike a little quieter when coming/going at odd hours. As far as the sound, they have more of a Ferrari V-12 or F1 car sound as opposed to the Mopar muscle car sound from some of the others.

9. SLOav8r

SLOav8r New Member

I just don't like the whole dead-can thing. You certainly KNOW when you're looking at them that one is a faker. But if the guy likes the techy-look of the TB's, then he should go for it.

Check out the Micron, I think I'm going that route on my Gen5 pretty quick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for my 5th gen
    [​IMG]

10. ZonaMan

ZonaMan New Member

My bike came with TBS on it too and I like how its sounds. Deep and throaty at low rpms and nice pitch when revving high. The best sound is when you're cruising in 4th, 5th, or 6th gear at about 4000 rpm. So freakin cool. I would like to high mount it though to show of the wheel more.

11. love2ride

love2ride New Member

Custom Y pipe for two bros exhaust

Has anyone had/built a Y pipe for the two bothers exhaust for the VFR? Seems like there would be a market for a pipe that hooks up both cans.

I wonder if an exhaust shop would do this and what they might charge? The Yams (R1) uses both cans. What a rip for the VFR!!!:frown:

12. arm1151

arm1151 New Member

I have an 06 VFR with TBR stash pipe set up. It pretty much eliminated any chance of side bags for touring, since the pipes stick out farther on the sides. I reckon one could make some sort of bracket to hold the bags away from the one hot pipe.

13. Taz

Taz New Member

I have TBR on almost all my bikes & love them over the other makes I have or had. My VFR has the 4 into 2 exhaust, as far as I ever new you could get that or the 4to 1 with the fake stash (disco!).
    Them & White Bro's-(off road) have alway's had a great customer service & shipping with me. I had a Micron & when I crashed it on one side I hade to pay full book for the replacement, TBR on the other hand charged me 50% less & through in the shipping When my friend lowsided my RC51 @ the track.
    Also the selection is great with going with the Alum, Tit, or carbon F.

14. blackjack_mike

blackjack_mike New Member

Map
    My bike had the TB oval high mount on it when I bought it so I can't speak to comparing stock to the TB. I can say, however, the TB pipe sounds great! Love the low rumble at idle at sound awesome when working through the gears. The high mount is nice to show the open wheel as well. Can't wait to get out there. First trip will be to Port Dover on Friday, April 13!

15. love2ride

love2ride New Member

you have TBR's on a VFR with 4 into 2? With two slip-ons? Was this a special deal. All I have sen are 4 into one and one fake slip-on!!!

Please elaborate.. I like the two bro's, but 4 into 1 and one fake slip on is too much money for that setup...

Thanks...

16. SonnyX

SonnyX New Member

I Just Love my Pulsar Exaust! The sound is just marvelous!!!!

17. Taz

Taz New Member

Yes, but it's not cheaper than the disco "Stash", I have there new catalog (@ home) & will post up the part#.

18. fuji1

fuji1 New Member

tbrs

Mine came with the bike and I like them. I know the left side doesn't work but I really don't care. I know everyone is interested in more horsepower but I'm willing to be that the sprocket change will do much more than any pipe could.

As long as the FI can handle any pipe change.

The sound is great I love going through a tunnel and listening to that V8 sound.

Joe

19. Ravage776

Ravage776 New Member

I too have the M2 V.A.L.E. system on my 2006 VFR. I think it is said best that it sounds like a V-8. I was not a huge fan of the left can be non-functional, but not a big deal. As for it looking "fake", you would have to actually look under the tail section to see it was not tied into the system. In fact, I think if you were to burn out the packing on the right one, you might be able to switch them. You might have to flip the "Two Brothers" on the side, but that is only two rivets. This exhaust, combined with a PCIII, and an aftermarket air filter, and O2 eliminator really perks this bike up. I am hoping to get a custom map for this setup and try to improve its perk even more.

20. Nitrousva

Nitrousva New Member

Map
    I have the left side conversion on my 1993, I love it! The sound is just amazing, it has the carbon fiber can, I'm sure it made the bike 5 - 7lbs lighter. I love the look of the right side now, just the wheel floating back there.

Robert