Uk bans vfr800 riders from testing vfr1200

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by betarace, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Dominator

Dominator New Member

I wonder what focus groups Honda used to come up with the new specs if not current VFR owners?
    Compare the universal magazine praise for the new Beemer S1000 to the universal indifference to the VFR1200 -not gonna be good for sales.
    It's really too bad. I do like the shaft drive though.

2. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    The subject of the 7th gen VFR and its drama has now officially bored the shit out of me.

Wonder what's on TV ?

3. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    Wow! Amazing turn of events. Are they proud of it or ashamed of it? Why did they name it a VFR if they didn't want comparos? Shaking my head here...
    I voted with my right hand and my checkbook...it is a Triumph and a Kwak that I now twist. If I could have I would have kept my 6th Gen but I wnated to keep my wife too...

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I shared the same feelings when Honda in yet another uncaring callous and arrogant move bored out the beloved Honda 50 to a 70 and then in a move probably generated by Satan himself (or herself) went even further to a 90. The rotten bastards!

TV? I recommend the Reverend JimBob Cash out of Waco who is on 24/7/365 1/4 in living color bringing the great unwashed the word of the Lord and some really nifty shit that you can buy if you have a credit card even from WalMart.

5. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    I remember those sad days, and how we all cried. We thought that life would never hold the same promise again.....Oh what dark dark days ....

And now, now a terrible thing has once again happened in the Land of the Rising Sun.

And on the continent, and even bonnie old England, people are savagely abused, and may not ride the bike called the VFR as they please. While PR men mock them and make them weep.

I will check out the Waco man, in between episodes of Trick My Truck or shows about people that nearly drown trying to catch crabs or....... have trees fall upon them,.... whilst drama and intrigue doth swirl about them.

And then I will sleep......but not well my brothers, not well.

6. Badbilly

United States
    Well I don't know about those trucks but I do know the anti-crab powder that the good Reverend Cash has on his program works. We ain't had no crabs here at the trailer park in almost three weeks.

7. Rainbow7

Rainbow7 New Member

I think I understand why Honda didn't want current VFR owners testing the new 1200. - It's not a bike that was designed for them. Honda knows that VFR fans are probably the most marque-loyal buyers of all, which means that they'll hate the 1200F, as it is clearly not the same sort of bike. It may have VFR written on it, but it is not intended to appeal to 750/800 buyers.

Now, that doesn't mean I approve of Honda's actions; I'm just saying that I think I can see where they're coming from.

8. goinphaster

goinphaster New Member

Err, then don't call it a VFR. cut and dry. 20 bucks says they tried to build a bike that EVERYONE (1100XX, VFR, ST owners) would like and called it a VFR, and after marketing research found out the VFR owners hated it they had to switch directions in hopes the damn thing will sell.

If they made a kick ass bike like they used to, and charged more money for it than I could afford, I would still have more respect for them than I do now.......

9. Rainbow7

Rainbow7 New Member

Oh, I totally agree. They shouldn't call it a VFR.

10. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

Honda did it to themselves on this goat rope. If it was called STV1200, GLV1200 or POS1200 for that matter, if would never face the same rage of all the Hondsa fans who rember bikes like the RC30. I would just like to thank Honda with this clear picture of what think of buyers like us. Honda,go play hide & go f*ck yourself. :hangme:

11. Cyborg

Cyborg New Member

United States
    Honda can call it a VFR, I'll call it a "VFR".

12. Badbilly

United States
    Since there are only two press events, both of which are now over, a better time to try to cop another freebies from Honda might be next year. In the interim be watchful for black helicopters running in silent mode. I remember an Ironhead sporty I used to have. Piece of shit. Came with one of those peanut tanks too.

13. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    Yes, I think this is the essential point...calling it a VFR. I am reminded of a point made in a book about Led Zeppelin. Jimmy Page was going to call the band that became Zep "The New Yardbirds" because he was just coming out of the Yardbirds. But, as someone pointed out, that was always "Code" for 'this ain't the same band...beware.' Marketing departments are always hesitant to break off and market something as new...they want to tie in to the history of a long-standing, successful product. After all, look to the automobile world for examples of that.
    It is a bike that some folks will love. But just not this former VFR owner.

14. Spike

Spike New Member

still, even if you want to say it wasn't designed to compete or totally overtake the VFR in the market, to ban, if that is true, people from riding it? People might be looking to "move up" to something like the ST or they may be looking to add to their stable of bikes. At one time I had a CBR600F3 and a BMW K1200RS, very different bikes? yes, but for different purposes.

15. Cyborg

Cyborg New Member

United States
    They have banned only those who have or have had VFRs. It's apparent Honda knows about the negative stuff that's been coming out about the "VFR" and do not want to see them validated by experienced riders...