Unadilla Pro MX

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by stewartj239, Aug 19, 2012.

1. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    I was lucky enough to not only attend the Unadilla Pro Motocross yesterday, but the MX club that I belong gets to flag the event. I have ridden dirt bikes most of my life and I raced the Amateur class locally for many years, but watching these guys in person, especially as close as I was by being literally a few feet away from them, really humbles me. Just when I thought that I was pretty good on a bike, I go watch these guys and I realize how bad I really am.

Anyhow, the track was in great shape and the racing was really good, especially in the 250 class. There are so many riders that win in that class, it makes the racing very exciting. Musquin won the overall with a 2-3. Imagine that! Dungey walked away with the wins in the 450 class and wrapped up the title. It was a yawner after James Stewart crashed in both motos. He was leading the first for a little white and running a strong 3rd in the second moto. I can't wait until next year.

2. taylor65

taylor65 New Member

Map
    Kinda sux with so many top riders out this year. Makes yo wonder if reed, villapoto,windham and stewart were there where dungey would actually finish. I have enjoyed watching the 250 class more than the 450s this year.

3. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    I think it would have come down to Dungey, Reed and Villopoto. Those guys are all pretty close. I love Windham, but he is just a step behind those guys. Stewart is fast, but he is so inconsistent. Over the last couple of years, he has really developed a bad reputation for not being able to finish a race.