Vancouver BC Area - Group Rides 2009

Discussion in 'Canada & Alaska' started by kingsley, Feb 23, 2009.

1. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Agreed. Nice ride but I am quite protective of the Handicapped parking stalls. Years back I was "temporarily" handicapped and was on my way to the drugstore for pain killers. Two perfectly able bodied women parked in a Handicapped stall and started walking into the drug store. I challenged them on it. They said they were just going to be a minute. I told them so was I, as I moved on keeled over barely able to walk due to a back injury. I didn't have the permit, so I was not allowed morally or legally to park or even stop there. They moved.

Even parking there for a minute could prevent who knows how many disabled people from parking there. Mind you I have seen them badly abuse the permits too.

But I am sure Kev was stopped there just for the photo, was present throughout and would have moved quickly had a permitted car arrived there. An oversight I am sure.

2. Kevbodian

Kevbodian New Member

Haha, I didn't even realize it was a handicapped spot. I can assure you it's not one now. That "spot" is right outside our vehicle delivery bay... we just opened a few weeks ago there and whatever's on the ground may not be for long. Thanks for pointing it out hahaha...

3. cracker

cracker New Member

Good to see this thread getting a couple of posts. Went for a short ride today (Victoria - Chemainus). Haven't checked in for some time, but noticed a new badge - R3 2012? What dat? Is something big going on in our neck of the world? chemainus ride.jpg