VF/VFR Mailing List

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Joe Foe from Buffalo, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Joe Foe from Buffalo

Joe Foe from Buffalo New Member

United States
  2. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    The mailing list has seperate posting methods and a way to subscribe. The messages, while able to be viewed here in the forums, are also recieved via e-mail. To subscribe to the list: follow this link VFR Mailing list (it is the same as in the one in the "Important Information" thread for the maling list. On the new page follow the instruction under the heading "Subscribing".
    You will get an email the you will ned to reply to in order to confirm your subscription request. If you do not see the email in your Inbox, check your junk or bulk mail folder. After replying to th email, you will receive another that confirms your subscription as wel as has instruction on how to post to the mailing list.
    As it says in the sticky, the mailing list part of the forum here is read only.

3. Joe Foe from Buffalo

United States
    Guess I should have mentioned I dod try to subscribe close to a dozen differnt times every wich way the sticky says to with no reply. Yes I do check my Inbox, junk or bulk mail folders.

BUMP...Also it seems kinda silly to me to have a VF/VFR Mailing List Fourm on this website with no way to reply if some one can explain that or fix it so we can reply.

4. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    email this person: john@cs.wisc.edu and let him know you tried to subscribe but have yet to recieve a confirmation email.

When I got my confirmation email the subgject line was this:
    confirm 678980462c49f0134ad13fe8f71d242ed0c482fa

And the email address is came from was this:
    vfr-request@cs.wisc.edu

As for having a read only mode here, it is most likely so those who do not wish to subscribe to the mailing list can look for any relevant info they may be looking for. I have seen people join a mailing list and just "lurk" or read the info in the messages. Each person is different and there may other reasons I am not aware of as to why (other than the owner of the list is not the same person who now owns and runs the forums here) it is read only.

5. Joe Foe from Buffalo

United States
    Thank you for the info.