VF1000F2 heads into F2 engine

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Pablo_el, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Pablo_el

Pablo_el New Member

Poland
    Map
    I was cleaning up my stack of V4 parts and noticed that the F2 heads are almost identical to F1. I have some damage on my F1 camshafts and I wanted to know if anyone attempted to fit F2 heads into F1 engine.

Same for the oil pump - I have two pumps and two oil pans. Looks like a bolt on upgrade with nice OEM oil cooler setup.

Any information appreciated. I will be tearing down my F1 soon to do the main bearings and crank bearings and I want to know your opinion. IMG_20190902_231603 (Large).jpg IMG_20190902_231737 (Large).jpg

2. Spriggan

Spriggan New Member

United States
    Almost positive the oil pumps and pan are interchangeable. The chains needed to rotate the pump I am not sure of. I have had both vf1000f and vf1000f2 pans on my vf750f, they all work together nicely

3. Pablo_el

Pablo_el New Member

Poland
    Map
    "The chains needed to rotate the pump I am not sure of." What do you mean? I have F2 complete engine for parts with the F2 oil pump chain as well.

Also I do not see any differences in the lower section of the engine (gearbox is different) so theoretically F2 engine should bolt on into F1 frame and some people claim they do not.

4. Spriggan

Spriggan New Member

United States
    Their might be a chance that the chains that propel the oil pump are different lengths, that's all.