Vf500 rebuild

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by shortstockevs, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Boesjhoar

Boesjhoar New Member

Netherlands
    This wire is connected just behind the braking pedal above the exhaust collector. The wires are red/green and orange/dark green. According to the wire diagram one end leads to the neutral indicator and the other to the overdrive indicator, which the interceptor doesn't have, only the Magna, just like the engine [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

2. jeremyr62

jeremyr62 New Member

Ireland
    Map
    I think you have answered your own question there. There is nowhere on the VF500F to plug that in. The single core neutral indicator switch cable is just merged into the shrouded cable that also goes to the pulse generators on the end of the crank and the oil pressure switch.

3. Boesjhoar

Boesjhoar New Member

Netherlands
    Hmm...it only half answers my question. Where does the neutral indicator light cable leads to, from the dashboard within the Interceptor? I cannot lead it back somehow

4. jeremyr62

jeremyr62 New Member

Ireland
    Map
    If you have an Interceptor and the old Interceptor engine can you not work it out? You can only use one of the wires coming coming from the base of the engine. That wire has to go to the block connector on the Interceptor that lights the neutral light. I assume the overdrive indicator is just a switch that grounds when you are in sixth gear.

5. Boesjhoar

Boesjhoar New Member

Netherlands
    Thanks. I've managed it to locate the wiring from the dashboard and took the old sensor from the interceptor. It differs in size and wires, because the Magna has 2 cables in stead of 1. Also the sensor itself differs, but it works anyway :D cheers!