VFR down

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by RVFR, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Oh boy... :ban:

:biggrin: - Just kidding. Was actually pretty creative.

2. 'Seppi

'Seppi New Member

Late to the thread, Jay, but very glad to hear that you managed through the circumstance and regret that you're likely still in pain.

My last bit of road rash wasn't nearly as bad as yours (is that your shoulder in the pic? ouch man) but Tylenol 3 w/codine and single malt eased things up quickly the first couple nights.
    Hated when the gauze fused into the knee -it was there for almost 3 weeks (kinda weird looking... a red patch with all the cotton strings hanging out of it).

Best to you - and let us know when you have your eye on fixing the bike or getting a new (to you) one.

3. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

WTF for? gonna sue the family of the deer? Gonna sue the contractor? Gonna attempt to sue the state of Washington?

Litigation for this type of thing would be a joke. By the time you got done with that stupidity you wouldn't be able to afford a new bike and you would get stuck with the court costs of the defendant. All I can say is go for it and let us all know how that works out for you.

That surface is called "open grade" it is used in areas where annual rainfall amounts are above the national average.

4. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

I'd just let that one go.....for obvious reasons...well, at least obvious to me. :smile:

5. Lgn001

Lgn001 Member

United States
    Map
    Well, only because you said it is OK;

Q: What did the deer say when she ran out of the forest?

A: I'll never do that again for two bucks!

Keep smiling! :smile: :smile: :smile:

6. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    What did the deer say when it ran out in the road just before it was creamed and realized it made a mistake?

Doe!

7. Keager

Keager Member

United States
    Map
    at least now you are walkiing and appearently typing once again. I saw the damage to you, and as been said it's only metal, and can be replaced. You cannot. That road tho - holy f'n crap! Living in Washington, I assume you would get snow up there as well - how do they plow, if it all - a road like that. Wouldn't it all scrape off? I can see getting traction when it's wet/icy, but skidding along that...yeowch!

8. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks, yea better at the typing, have 4 fingers now. Now I'm waiting for the MRI test to see if surgery is a happening on the thumb. walking is getting better, I hate stairs especially going down, something tricky there, going up actually feels good. can't stand long in one place and laying down isn't as bad, but oh do I itch.....

9. nic fan

nic fan New Member

Thanks for posting the photo’s Jay a timely reminder I always wear helmet (compulsory) gloves and jacket. But I have to admit trousers and boots have often been left at home in favour of trainers and jeans or tracksuit bottoms. Seeing your photo’s has made me re-assess my attitude (it will never happen to me) and will now always wear all my gear every time I ride. My ride looks like yours did before your off not had it long but love it anyway take care of yourself and look forward to see what you get next.:thumbsup:

10. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Up date.. Wo hoo. No surgery needed on the thumb. just need it to be put into a thumb restraint system, kinda like a cool glove. Knees are still tight still major impression skin deep tissue damage. this could take a while to clear up.A lot of the scabbing due to road rash has worked it's way off, I have a few deep sore spots mostly on my sides all though bruising for the most part is gone, now if only I felt like I could move with out the aches. I'm down to a couple of Aleeve to get me through the day. Foot is in a walking cast, will be for another couple weeks then re checked. all is sorta good other than this really has my hands tied to do much of anything other than driving me crazy LOL so glad it is. Now back to looking at my next bike options.

11. winaje

winaje New Member

Glad to hear that you are healing well. I've come off a couple of times as a courier, and I know how frustrating it can be waiting to heal. Maybe start playing WoW, lol... PM me and I'll give you server and guild details, hehe

12. Keager

Keager Member

United States
    Map
    ever try pure aloe for your scars? May help so that you don't permanently have scars. You can either buy an aloe plant and extract your own or get some sunburn type lotion that has more aloe than anything else.

13. Maggot

Maggot New Member

United States
    Map
    Sorry I must have slept through the start of this thread. Very late to the party. GLAD TO SEE YOUR OK!!

Cheap gloves torn up.......Who cares! Many more to chose from!
    Helmet you loved,destroyed........It did what it was paid to do!!
    Flipping off dead dear instead of other way around.... Priceless!!!

Get well soon!!

14. GregPaul

GregPaul New Member

Map
    Thank You

Best wishes for your continuing recovery, Jay.

Thank you for being willing to talk about this. You convinced me to do something I hadn't been doing. I am now zipping my jacket and pants together. A simple thing that will now be SOP.

I've acquired more substantial summer gloves, added better footwear to my apparel, and I've been browsing websites looking at additional protection (wrist braces, back protector, leather). I'll do it.

Thanks.

GregPaul

:thumbsup: