VFR questions HELP!!!

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by hotwheels, Jan 26, 2006.

1. hotwheels

hotwheels New Member

Hello all been wanting a vfr for ever and am going to get one. the bike will be 200o model and up. I like the cam gears on the previous models but like the styling of the newer model. I am not a big fan of the v-tec or the linked brakes. What year did the linked brakes come out on a vfr? What are the major differences between the 98-01 compared to the 02-06? I have found an 04 brand new for 7k. What do you guys think about these two models.

Thanks for any help

2. rc74racer

rc74racer New Member

Linked brakes came out in 98. I think they get a bad rap at first I wasn't a fan but once I got use to it I thought they worked fine. I think 98-01 are the best gear driven cams sound great and i'm not that impressed with the VTEC on a bike. I've ridden just about every generation VFR made and that's my preference. Don't get me wrong 02 and up are nice bikes just I like better about the others. VTEC is pretty much the major difference the 02s and up are a little heavier but like most hondas you don't feel the weight. No more cam gears and of course the look is different. Either way you go you'll be happy. If you get a chance ride both.