VFR1200 - Finally some production photos

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by John451, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Kobe Diesel

Kobe Diesel New Member

Map
    Before I got the VFR, I was seriously looking into the K1200 and K1300. Set aside the ridiculous price tag with even more ridiculous option pricing, the bike was just too big. I think having the hump the extra 30#'s around on the windy and hilly roads nearby would wear me out and take away from the comfort factor. But I do like the front suspensions setup on the Beemer.

The power, weight, agility, and price of the VFR800 was the right choice for me. Now, if the same factors apply to the VFR1200, who knows what might be in my garage next year. Hopefully some nice color options. I like it, I like it alot.

2. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Just noticed no large side radiator vent just a fairing trailing edge silver deflector, wonder where the radiator/s are front like the Gen 4 and earlier or sides like the 5 & 6 ?

3. Comicus

Comicus New Member

United States
    Map
  4. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Motorcyclenews have a report on the new VFR1200 although the photos used are the same as from the Italian site.

" Honda VFR1200 spied in finished form
    21 September 2009 10:41

Honda’s new VFR1200 V4 has been spied in completely finished form in the Alps – the first time the production specification, colours and looks of the bike have been seen in action.

The bike was spotted filming a Honda promotional video in the Alps and categorically backs up what MCN exclusively revealed in June this year when we showed leaked official images of the bike.

The model in the pictures has a production paintscheme, indicators can be seen in the mirrors and the bike has the official Honda panniers fitted.

Until now the only images of the bike moving were of a pre-production bike spotted doing low speed fuel injection set-up in Nevada, America.

This latest series of images show the first outing for the bike in Europe. "

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N...popMailing&WT.mc_id=MCN Newsletter 22sep09 (1)

5. DAC

DAC New Member

United States
    Map
    I wonder about pricing of the 1200. The combination of Honda's production sites and global exchange rates don't allow reasonable pricing anymore. Big Red blundered when it shut down No. American Mfg.

6. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    Why are VFRs so expensive in Europe? Earlier this month I met a British guy who was touring around on a rental (GS 650). He admired my VFR and told me how expensive they are in the UK. I couldn't believe it! I can only imagine how much the new 1200 will cost over there.

7. DAC

DAC New Member

United States
    Map
    Same problem as the US. The dollar v. the Euro and Yen is very weak. Pounds Sterling are the same. At almost historic lows against the Euro and Yen. Therefore, Honda exited North America just when they should have expanded here. Strategically, any large manufacturer needs to produce its major products on every continent that consumes. US may not have been the right place, but Mexico or South America would be good. (Dunno, maybe they're already there.) Bottom line, if you import from non-UK Eurozone or Japan, it's going to be hard to compete on price (e.g., CB1000R ain't gonna make it to the states.):frown:

Big opportunity for companies like Buell. Which is why crushing the Blast is such a dumbass stunt. Last year during the $4 gas fun you couldn't walk into a moto-dealer and find anything under 600cc. What's Buell do? Totally exit that market.:crazy: