VFR400r (NC24) - Rothmans Build.

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Diving Pete, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Jim McCulloch

Jim McCulloch New Member

United States
    Map
    Looking good.....!

Electric Motors are getting worse and worse every year. I see it all the time on my job.

2. Diving Pete

Diving Pete Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Squirrelman, Yep that's the bike I'm going to finish with... just going to take a little longer.. LOL

Jim, It was my fault I bought a unbranded motor & didn't use it for a couple of years.. The difference between them was substantial. Buy crap it usually fails when you need it most.. I'll get the proper replacement this time about - however also thinking of up scaling - from a 3Hp to a 4Hp.. This will then give me 18cfm instead of 16 currently...

Jim McCulloch likes this.
  3. Diving Pete

Diving Pete Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Well, I bought the motor yesterday - 4hp - the only one in the country from the manufacturer. I'd like to say it was difficult, but in reality it was just a pain.
    Swapped the pully over from the old motor, bolted it together & the startup is just impressive, its back to working 100%. I really should have done this a long time ago. Looking forward to testing how it is with painting !! Although that a while away - lol

Jim McCulloch likes this.