VFRWorld Central Coast Get together

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by reg71, Feb 22, 2008.

1. RGonVFR

RGonVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm going to be riding down from the bay area sometime Friday. Anyone from around here want to hook up and ride down?

2. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    If you decide to leave Saturday morning let me or NorCalBoy know. We are heading out first thing in the morning.

3. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    [​IMG] Reg !?! I have to find out about this from your wife tonite when she's at my house ? oh well. I guess we're even then. [​IMG]

See you there.... [​IMG]

4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Oh, great! I can't wait to see the replies we get to my wife being at your house! How many times do I have to tell you I'm having a BBQ before you check the thread to see the date? Is Steph coming BTW?

ps. the part worked.. I still have acouple little things wrong but the computer is back up with GPS et al...

5. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    No way bro, why would i bring sand to the beach,.... didn't you see the bitches that were lined up? BOOOYAH !

6. JTC

JTC New Member

United States
    Map
    I know I saw directions somewhere, but can't seem to find now. Something like this... 101 N., look/listen for VFRs... right?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  7. RGonVFR

RGonVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    As of now, leaving on Friday. If the plans change, I'll post.

8. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    If you get here early enough on Friday, I may have to take you over for a quick run down 41 to my favorite twisty patch and over to 58 for a 30 min run... It's a blast and super close to my house...

9. RGonVFR

RGonVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Does that twisty patch by chance include Old Creek Rd. out of Cayucas, or however that town is spelled? If so, what time would I have to be there by to take advantage of your offer?
    Friend of mine that lives in Los Osos has an old BMW GS and may join for the ride. He may not be able to keep up on the straightaways, but he'll catch up on the twisties.

10. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    no, old creek road is close, too but I was thinking of 227 over by Creston... It's a short little road that looks like a racetrack. It's just that it is really close and easy to jump on and do from my house for a quickie....

11. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    weather forecast

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(227, 225, 199); border-width: 0px 0px 1px;" background="http://image.weather.com/web/common/backgrounds/1X67px_10day_background.jpg" height="67" valign="middle" width="290"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="290"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 0px 0px 0px 5px;" align="left" height="25" valign="middle" width="65">Fri
    Mar 21

</td> <td valign="CENTER" width="115"> <table style="border: 1px solid rgb(227, 225, 199); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="105"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" valign="middle" width="36">[​IMG]</td> <td class="blueVerdanaText11" style="padding: 0px 3px 0px 0px;" valign="middle" width="69">Sunny</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td class="blueFont10" width="65">66°/40°</td> <td class="blueVerdanaText10" align="center" width="50"> 20% </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(227, 225, 199); border-width: 0px 0px 1px 1px; padding: 20px 0px 0px;" align="left" background="http://image.weather.com/web/common/backgrounds/graph_background_10day.jpg" height="67" valign="top" width="150"> [​IMG] 66°F
    Plan a Scenic Drive
    </td> </tr> <!-- day 8 --> <tr> <td colspan="3" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(227, 225, 199); border-width: 0px 0px 1px;" background="http://image.weather.com/web/common/backgrounds/1X67px_10day_background.jpg" height="67" valign="middle" width="290"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="290"> <tbody><tr> <td style="padding: 0px 0px 0px 5px;" align="left" height="25" valign="middle" width="65">Sat
    Mar 22

</td> <td valign="CENTER" width="115"> <table style="border: 1px solid rgb(227, 225, 199); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="105"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" valign="middle" width="36">[​IMG]</td> <td class="blueVerdanaText11" style="padding: 0px 3px 0px 0px;" valign="middle" width="69">Partly Cloudy</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td class="blueFont10" width="65">68°/42°</td> <td class="blueVerdanaText10" align="center" width="50"> 0% </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(227, 225, 199); border-width: 0px 0px 1px 1px; padding: 20px 0px 0px;" align="left" background="http://image.weather.com/web/common/backgrounds/graph_background_10day.jpg" height="67" valign="top" width="150"> [​IMG] 68°F
    </td> </tr> <!-- day 9 --> <tr> <td colspan="3" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(227, 225, 199); border-width: 0px 0px 1px;" background="http://image.weather.com/web/common/backgrounds/1X67px_10day_background.jpg" height="67" valign="middle" width="290"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="290"> <tbody><tr> <td style="padding: 0px 0px 0px 5px;" align="left" height="25" valign="middle" width="65">Sun
    Mar 23

</td> <td valign="CENTER" width="115"> <table style="border: 1px solid rgb(227, 225, 199); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="105"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" valign="middle" width="36">[​IMG]</td> <td class="blueVerdanaText11" style="padding: 0px 3px 0px 0px;" valign="middle" width="69">Sunny</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td class="blueFont10" width="65">68°/42°</td> <td class="blueVerdanaText10" align="center" width="50"> 0% </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(227, 225, 199); border-width: 0px 0px 1px 1px; padding: 20px 0px 0px;" align="left" background="http://image.weather.com/web/common/backgrounds/graph_background_10day.jpg" height="67" valign="top" width="150"> [​IMG] 68°F
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    looking good so far for the BBQ and ride festivities....

high 68 low 48

12. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Reg, looks like i'll be bringing my buddy from SM (Dave - GSXR750) and my brother will be joining too. So, in my group it looks like me, brian, randy, dave, todd coming up from S. Co.

oh, and i just finished gutting the cans on the VFR, so i'll have my rumble on with the rest of you.... [​IMG]

13. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Reg, your tire is ready. I even cleaned your wheel. Did you know it was painted black ? [​IMG]

14. rmcobb

rmcobb New Member

Map
    Yeah, I'm planning on it. What time are we meeting? and where? (your house?)

15. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    He probably doesn't even know that its aluminium, I think he thought it was a cast dirt design:wink:

16. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Randy,..... lemme talk to Reg tonite about what time he wants to depart for the ride. Meeting at my house sounds good to me. Im thinking 10ish, but lemme talk to Reg tonite.

17. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map

I was thinkin we'd start riding about 10 on Sat. is that what you are talking about or did you mean a different day? I figure that gives us a chance to get a little coffee and let people riding in that day to come up. How long does the hwy 1- fergusen nacimiento run take? that sure would be a good one for everyone, but we want to be back in time for the BBQ so we may have to d something shorter...

18. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    I've never made that run, so dont know how long that takes. With larger groups it always takes longer. I guess figure what time you want to eat........ take the cooking time from that,......then plan the ride accordingly. BTW, im not big on leaving early. Is 10 gonna be enought time for the Bay Area guys to get here ?

19. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    bay area guys are coming in later than we'll want to wait to ride. they are gonna make it for the bbq and then we are all riding again on sunday... i'm pretty flexible on the times. you know i can always throw together a route that brings us right back to my place to meet up with stragglers then hit another loop bringing us in whenever... we can always head up to the paso area and add or trim the length as necessary...

20. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Can you get in touch with the Bay area riders to find out their ETA ?