VP pick of Palin.. what does it mean?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by cat0020, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Limbaugh and Hannity are an embarrasment to conservatives; because they are not conservative.

BZ

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I agree. If allowed, I would classify both as flagellents as opposed to flatulent.

3. Vlad Impaler

Vlad Impaler New Member

United States
    Map
    Found out this week that a multi-million dollar piece of equipment including associated jobs and facilities may be going to Belgium instead of my workplace because their tax incentives for industry are much better. Included in that decision is the outlook for more taxation on US corporations given the slant of this election.
    So the man who is going to raise taxes on corporations to provide middle class relief, may have just put a nail in the coffin of industrial growth directly on a project I have been working on for the last three years.
    What's the rest of the rhetoric?..... We will penalize corporations who take jobs overseas and incentivize those that keep them here. I say, "What about the companies that choose not to build here at all?" The job that never happens here can not be penalized for leaving!
    Think it's easy to set up shop in the US? If you have options as an international company and look at this document, short of Japan and Germany you have a lot better choices.
    http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/69xx/doc6902/11-28-CorporateTax.pdf
    See page 25.
    Sure it doesn't reflect on overall costs, which need to be considered, but do you think the cost of anything here will go down when more tax pressure is put on corporations? That burden is coming to you one way or another. The only solution is smart spending and not shuffling more money through the folks that bring you social security and Medicare.

More FACTS....

Read this: http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/81xx/doc8116/05-18-TaxRevenues.pdf

In 2006 corporations paid 25.3% of income taxes, and individuals paid 74.7%. To "level the playing field" and "spread the wealth around" every percentage point taken from individual burden and placed on corporations would transfer over 24 billion to those that employ you. I'd rather have a job and the opportunity to pay taxes at my current rate, thank you.

The phrase,” I’ve never been employed by a poor man." is resonating with me.

I know at both my former and current employer the largest cost of operations is labor, and I know this is true across most of industry on average.
    Read this: Rising U.S. labor costs put squeeze on profits - International Herald Tribune
    It says 70%.
    If corporations get hit with your tax burden in a government effort to help you out, you stand a better chance of loosing your job. You loose your job and what happens to individual income tax revenue on the bottom line? Remember the burden is 74.7% and will not be 50/50!

I voted early yesterday. I voted well.

BTW Keep in mind that all the details in each presidential candidates proposals have to go through your representatives to stand a chance. The lesser of two evils in the presidential box can be tamed if you educate yourself on what your rep's are going to do about it.

All is not lost.......but I'll keep the barrels unobstructed in the mean time.

4. cat0020

cat0020 Trumper

United States
    Map
    My name is Joe, does that mean I'm a plumber, too? I guess I fix the plumbing on my VFR's coolant lines..

5. fatso1277

fatso1277 New Member

Pretty sure this is off topic, but maybe some body should teach texans how to use google...

The meaning of the name Barack is Blessed
    The origin of the name Barack is African
    Notes: Form of the Hebrew name Baruch.

Excerpt from below link

I want to say something about Barack Hussein Obama's name. It is a name to be proud of. It is an American name. It is a blessed name. It is a heroic name, as heroic and American in its own way as the name of General Omar Nelson Bradley or the name of Benjamin Franklin. And denigrating that name is a form of racial and religious bigotry of the most vile and debased sort. It is a prejudice against names deriving from Semitic languages!

Informed Comment: Barack Hussein Obama, Omar Bradley, Benjamin Franklin and other Semitically Named American Heroes

Maybe its not the idea that its a muslim name but an African name...:rolleyes:

hey who knows.

6. btay67

btay67 New Member

Map
    Political threads....:unsure:

I have my opinions, you have your opinions. Facts are facts and twisting them doesn't help anyone. I've said before that I am unsure of how in a country this great we have selected these two candidates as our only choices for president. With that said I do believe character plays a role in the selection process too and Obama does not pass this test for me. I do not believe in his idealology of spreading the wealth and I do not believe he is being honest with the american people. This doesn't mean I believe McCain is completely honest either. I Like Palin because I believe she is probably the most honest/sincere of any of the candidates listed. I may get blasted for this but remember I said the MOST honest of the four.

I worry for my children and my country...either way.

7. btay67

btay67 New Member

Map
    Sorry but I don't think you can compare Obama to Bradley or Franklin. :rolleyes: Just as I don't think you could compare McCain to either of them.

This comment:
    "Maybe its not the idea that its a muslim name but an African name...:rolleyes:

hey who knows."

This is utterly ignorant and offensive to suggest. The only person playing the race card in this election has been Obama himself. I think people are tired of the race card thing. Our country has moved past that...

8. Molsan

Molsan New Member

Map
    I don't like obama as he is one of the most crooked senetors there.
    He has links to varous organizations ranging from saddam(sadams political advisor bought obama's house) to being on AIG's payroll as illistrated in the break down of amounts recieved compared to toher senetors.

AIG payed more to opama than they payed to the entire rest of the republican party.

Obama has recieved more payouts in the few years he has been in the senate than mcain and al gore combined.

But hey he's a charasmatic speeker. Also ya he attended harvard...where is his thesis? oh ya not realesed because it would be embarising, but not as bad as michelles who calmy calls for war on whites and how hard done she was done while attending princton...aww poor muffin.

Obama will win however....the media is largly to blame for not exploring these issues...

but hey lets focus on a palin's choice of cloths....

I langish here in frustration....

9. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    I have a friend with a cat name Obama (he was named that three years ago).
    Does that mean he is Muslim?
    I definitely won't vote for that cat!

10. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    aren't those the guys that would wander through towns whipping themselves in olden times? I read somewhere that those guys could be compared to rock stars these days in how much of a frenzy they could work up in the populace...

11. gwooly

gwooly New Member

Thank God you are Canadian. LOL!

12. gwooly

gwooly New Member

I am so glad elections are Tuesday. This discussion has run its course. No matter what happens, our opinions will always be what makes us unique individuals with free hearts, minds, and thankfully free will. And no matter who wins this election, that is something that will never change. We will continue to live our lives the best way we know how. Those of us who have discussed our differences on this topic will always have this in common. We will all work hard for a better life for ourselves and our families. We will care about and fight for what we think is best for our families, friends, and country. And lastly, we will be responsible riders who have these best interests in mind and the compassion of a brotherhood to always be looking out for one another. That is a good feeling and hopefully is a driving force behind the expectation of good things to come.

13. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    Well, I for one am happy to let gwolever have the last word on this topic. :smile:

14. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    YES, PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!
    Can't we let GWOLEVER's wonderful conclusion be the LAST word here?

PLEASE?
    I'll come up with more threads if y'all need something to argue, er, I mean, discuss.

15. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    I got an issue Nung to bring up!

Why arn't VFRW members ponying up ten bucks to RVFR for the VFRW stickers???

When Obama gets into Office do we need to lobby his Office for a government hand out to pay RVFR so he can "spread the wealth" of stickerdom???

I sent cold hard capitalist-conservative cash and my name is on the list!

BZ

16. fatso1277

fatso1277 New Member

Well i understand where you are coming from. If you believe Obama or McCain arent worthy, dont vote, its real simple and your opinion really doesnt matter in a thread of this topic. Sorry you feel they arent the most qualified but those are our choices. We dont get a "DO OVER", Bush's time is up and a president is needed. Regardless of Palin's sincerity level, she not running for president...she was tossed on the ticket to reach out to the warm and fuzzies of the nation, who can't or dont want to make a decision, and they figure the warmest most inviting wink and a smile will do....or somehow equates to sincerity.

Yeah i worry about my children as well, which is why i am voting for the person i feel has my best interest at heart as well as my childs and the fellow americans and thier children also.

Obama/Biden 08

17. fatso1277

fatso1277 New Member

Please elaborate, offensive to who? I wasnt the one who said his name was muslim, or somehow trying to connect him with muslims. i was merely pointing out that his name was derived from Africa. Okay you know what i am not going to even entertain that last paragragh... just cause you dont choose to acknowledge the 8000 pound PINK whale in the room doesnt mean its not there. Simply turning your head, closing your eyes, thinking happy thoughts and whistling happy tunes doesnt make it go away....

But none the less...good luck with your Vote...

18. fatso1277

fatso1277 New Member

Sorry guys i didnt read that gwolever was supposed to have the last word...sorry i got ahead of myself...

19. Molsan

Molsan New Member

Map
    -Zero executive experience, zero military experience

-No major Federal legislative accomplishments

-Ran for President after only one year in office as U.S. Senator

-Was wrong about Iraq ‘surge’ strategy; France’s President calls Obama’s Iran policy “naïve”; idea to sit with foreign dictators without preconditions is dangerous

-Obama has Extreme Liberal Record and Positions

-National Journal rated Obama the most liberal U.S. Senator in 2007

-Anti-taxpayer big spender: Americans for Tax Reform - 0% rating, Citizens Against Government Waste - 13%

-Pro-higher taxes: Voted 94 times in 4 short years for higher taxes. Obama in the past year has proposed higher payroll taxes, higher income taxes, and raising capital gains taxes.

-Supports pork and earmarks for special interests: Steered $1 billion in earmarks to Illinois; supports Federal funding for ACORN.

-Big spender: Proposes $800 billion in new spending for next 4 years

-Open borders, pro-amnesty: Federation for American Immigration Reform - 0% Support US Border Patrol - 8%
    Opposes 2nd A gun rights: NRA “F” rating, supported DC gun ban, Gun Owners of America - 0%

-Weak on law and order: Voted in IL against death penalty for gangland murderers.

-Pro-abortion extremist: Voted against Born-alive Infant Protection Act (to stop infanticide); Supports taxpayer-funded abortions and voted against partial-birth abortion bans; NARAL 100% rating.

-Voted against Domestic Drilling offshore and in ANWR.

-Wants to appoint liberal activist Judges to legislate liberal social policy from the bench. Liberal ratings: ACLU - 83%, NEA – 100%.

-Obama called Rev Jeremiah Wright, of Trinity UCC, a Black Liberation Theology church, his mentor and attended Trinity UCC for 20 years.

-Obama spent $100 million with radical William Ayers on failed radical education ideas and sat with him on boards of leftwing foundations

-Obama worked with ACORN to sue banks to relax lending, a factor in initiating subprime lending that led to the current housing crisis

-Obama got a sweetheart deal on his Chicago home with help from convicted influence peddler Tony Rezko. Rezko gave Obama $250,000 in contributions and got millions in Government grants that Obama helped obtain for him.
    Fire the Democratic Leaders

End the Democrat Majority in Congress

The current Democrat majority in Congress is bad for the country

· Since Democrat Nancy Pelosi became speaker in 2006, the price of oil rose, the stock market fell, unemployment rose, and the economy has sputtered.

· Democrat threats and passage of tax increases, and their attacks on businesses and energy producers have taken a toll on the economy.

· The Democrat Congress has spent over $1 trillion and counting on bailouts this year alone. Spending has increased 12% this year, faster than ever.

· They broke promises to cut earmarks - instead they increased them.

· Pork barrel spending has skyrocketed, e.g., $200 billion farm bill. Special interest giveaways are rampant, like the 'alternative energy bill' that had a hidden $1 billion gift to trial lawyers.

· The Democrats have been drill-nowhere do-nothing on domestic energy opposing the opening up off offshore drilling to reduce energy imports.

· Democrats prevented oversight of Fannie Mae in 2005, which could have prevented the housing bubble.

Obama plus Democrat control in Congress will be worse

Job-killing and economy-harming “cap and trade” regulations on CO2.
    Special interest giveaways. For trial lawyers: Repealing tort reform. For abortion providers: “Freedom of Choice” act that will bring back taxpayer-funding of abortions. For ACORN – channeling ‘bailout’ money to activists.
    Federal Government health-care takeover, adding mandates, increasing costs, shifting millions from private healthcare into Government plans.
    Bailouts, giveaways, and spending increases without end!
    Higher taxes that will kill jobs and harm the economy – Obama’s tax plan is no ‘tax cut’ at all, but a massive increase in Government transfer payments (welfare mislabeled as a ‘tax cut’) combined with $100 billion in higher taxes. Marginal tax rates go up to the highest levels in 20 years.
    Attacks on free speech: "fairness doctrine" to end talk radio
    Undermining workers and employer rights with ‘compulsory arbitration, and ending the secret ballot for union elections (“check card”).
    Undermining traditional marriage by repealing Defense of Marriage Act.
    Social Security benefits and drivers licenses for illegal aliens.
    Inciting voter fraud by passing same-day registration, stopping picture ID for voting, allowing felons to vote.

20. fatso1277

fatso1277 New Member

You know what, you are right, i am wrong.

Good luck with your Vote.

Derstuka/Zanetti 08