VTEC 'V' Plate

Discussion in 'Europe' started by amills, Apr 11, 2009.

1. amills

amills New Member

Hi, am I missing something or should I be suspicious of a 'V' plate VTEC, i.e. VTEC not introduced until '51'. It this is legit, any suggestions as to where I can get some idea of dealer price I should be paying (Parkers/Glass only start from '51' - hence my "suspicious question).

2. Mac

Mac New Member

Hi, am I missing something or should I be suspicious of a 'V' plate VTEC, i.e. VTEC not introduced until '51'. It this is legit, any suggestions as to where I can get some idea of dealer price I should be paying (Parkers/Glass only start from '51' - hence my "suspicious question).

What the heck are asking? I don't get the meaning....

Mac

3. VFRP

VFRP New Member

Mac...It's a UK age identifying registration plate marking (license Tag)...

No there's no such thing as a V plate VTEC...Unless it's the FI in the UK that's been tricked up with the VTEC fairing, cans,dash etc (White one I think) it's a great looking bike but it's a straight 800 and would be the best of both worlds IMO, but nonetheless it's not a VTEC if that's what you're looking for and paying for...Look thru MCN and it might still be there....

I think 52 was the first year for VTEC, but I'm in Portugal so what do I know ;-)
    Rgds Paul