We can Rebuild IT, We have the Technology

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by SLOVFR, Apr 4, 2007.

1. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Well, I'm feeling bit better everday and been about a month since I played off road. I have been taking a few pics along the way. My friend Tony snapped a few of the bike, but he is having computer photo sending problems/phobia. Ill post up the ones Tori took as I was begging to go to the ER....

THE CORNER, I was turning into the corner and saw the asphalt start to dip off and chunks were away on the edge. I second guessed if my tire might drop down into there and possible loose control. I tried to correct .. and well the rest is history:

[​IMG]

Here is where I ended up :

[​IMG]

This is a couple days later when Tori and I decided to strip her sown to see what was up :
    [​IMG]

I got my cluster in ups and arrived broken :( . I came up with a way to make it better by tapping the rear of the plastic retainers and using washers from the back side along with some plastic epoxy. Came out stronger than new:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I decided I needed some more fake carbon fiber to go with my NACA ducts so ordered you some levers. Installed and was looking at he scraped up bar ends. I saw the aftermarket fake carbon fiber ones but worried they might be light weight. So out came the tape and magic marker. Good start but will redo with a hair drier to get to lay down better:

[​IMG]

Custom air horn upgrade:

[​IMG]

Installed new to me right side panel and repainted grille black :

[​IMG]

Front view with clear windshield for filming, new to me right upper fairing and headlight cowl (color a bit off) and NEW Y@K MIRRORS !!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  2. dskelton

dskelton New Member

Hey Brian,
    Glad to hear you're felling better.
    Just curious, is that a '67 fastback in the background in the last picture?
    Dean

3. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Thats my storage shed in the back ground :biggrin: But yes it my 1967 GT Fastback (390 4sp OE), that I had since high school 1981. She has been with me where ever I go. More towing miles than driving. She runs and drives and was primered years ago before getting stolen and stripped clean. I got her back as a rolling chassis and got her back on the road. Last couple of years I have been buying Shelby GT500 goodies for her. I figure I could never afford one and seeing how I traded my $100.00 Corvair for her, I'll make her into a nice clone. But that another whole thread :wink:

4. dskelton

dskelton New Member

I think I have one photo in my gallery of the bikes in the garage where you can just see the faux intakes behind the drivers door on mine. Had it since '84, and it's been on a trailer from Oregon to Michigan to New Hampshire. Pushed it off to the side of a two and half car garage about 4 years ago before a winter, and it has been there ever since.
    But mine's not 390 4 speed. That's gotta be a blast to drive!

BTW, look forward to seeing what someone looks like begging to go to the ER:biggrin: and good luck getting the bike together.

5. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Found it! too funny it has the same purpose as mine :redface: . I dont have the OE setup in mine.....some bastage had taken it out just before I got it because of a bad head gasket of sorts. His fix was to put a used 289 in it and I got it with the 289 and auto trans shoved in it but not installed. I have since (20 years and probably 500 miles ago), rebuilt a nice highpo 289 with 302 close chamber heads and some porting, tri-y headers and I did just score a like new Edlebrock carb for her last week. (was repo by the original owner who collected Corvairs). Hence how I came to own it. What are the plans for yours? Dang guess we should be in mustangworld.com ... TOO late for that now :biggrin:

6. dskelton

dskelton New Member

Yea, I noticed you had also taken advantage of the storage capacity of the mustang. Getting things to stay in place on that back window is a PIA though!
    One of these days:rolleyes: It's gonna get stripped down and redone. It is an original CA car, so the body and chassis are still in very good shape, at least the last time I looked. It's a 289 auto, but a very basic model. didn't even have a fold down rear seat when I bought it.
    My wife has convinced my elder daughter that it is actually my daughters car, so...

7. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Alright ! Its time to ride. Looks good man,..... I say saturday we do a short ride and see if your up to another track day this sunday !!!... :biggrin:

8. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Im ready !!

[​IMG]