What do you like most about your VFR?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by SFPA, Dec 29, 2006.

?

What's the one thing you like most about your VFR?

Poll closed Jan 28, 2007.
  1. Color

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sound

15 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Engine

11 vote(s)
    11.7%
  4. Body

7 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Ride Comfort (seat, height, ergos, etc)

7 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. Specific Part (i.e. tank, wheels, etc.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Legendary all-around ability

35 vote(s)
    37.2%
  8. Handling

7 vote(s)
    7.4%
  9. Your Specific Generation

5 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. Other (Explain)

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. SFPA

SFPA New Member

Map
    What is the one thing you like most about your VFR?

Discuss your choice, sharing will benefit us all....

I'll start it off....My color (Italian Red) just makes my bike primo. I cannot stop looking at her once I pull her out of the garage. She really turns heads and inspires compliments.

2. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Damn, I need to be able to select more if not all those. just the fact it's just about as perfect a bike you can ask for. 4gs rock baby, just ask RW. he'll agree with me.

3. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    I have to go for sound on my 2g, ain't nut'in like it. Plus I can't go for anything in the looks dept yet as its not exactly pretty yet, but I'm working on it. Missing lowers, mismatched panels & cracked headlight cowl. Have all the parts to fix it, no ambition when I have the time though. Put things in motion @ the paint shop last week so it will get done this winter.

4. desertman62

desertman62 New Member

Map
    I have to agree with RVFR - it's hard to pick just one thing, but right now I'd have to say the sound. Gets the blood flowin :wink:

Also, like tbones86, my bike isn't perfect in the looks department only because of the mis-matched bodywork [ black front fairings - front and side- along w/ a small-ish hole in the right front panel where the previous owner had some lady nudge the back of her car into it (!)]. The guy had also for some reason put what can only be described as small decals of a dancing girl (stripper?) on each side of the lower front panels, which will have to go.

Yet despite the relatively minor cosmetic issues this bike is beautiful to me and does turn a lot of heads on the street. I think it's not a bike most people recognize amidst all the repli-racers out there. And I can now have a lot of fun finding parts and gradually getting it how I want it.

Bottom line though is it's just plain fun to ride.

Phil

5. SFPA

SFPA New Member

Map
    It's hard, I know...I knew that would be an issue....but yooooo con doooo eeeet!

6. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    No... III can't't , just to difficult.

7. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    No... I can't , just to difficult.

8. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    I feel the same, except I have a 3rd Gen. I would also have chosen color as well, since you don't (or didn't until 06) see many white ones and I still don't see many (make the don't see any, at least in my area, not counting the one I saw on the dealer floor on consignment) 3rd Gens around. I seep plenty of 4th gens and 6th gens tho. However, what RVFR said is pretty much dead nuts on. :first:

9. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Color.........................................RED spot on, the best and fastest ,why would I want anything else.
    Sound.......................................Sheesh Do I really need to say anything, other than it's the best sound on the planet
    Engine.......................................V4 baby nothing better in design and fuction
    Body..........................................Love the lines
    Ride Comfort (seat,height,ergos).. 300 mile day rides and still when I get off I smile and want more.
    Specific Part(i.e.tank,wheels,etc)..Oh come on, that SSSA says it all then of course the addition of the Staintune doesn't hurt :)
    Legendary all-around ability......... Hey it's a Honda with attitdude
    Handling................................... Now it too is spot on now that I have a WP rear shock with Race tech F3 legs
    Your Specific Generation.............4th generation the best of the best. Period!
    Other (Explain).......................... Well since mine is 10 years old, not all that many around and with mine having the mods it has making it one of a kind.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  10. grinder

grinder New Member

Hard to say all round ability is the one thing so... The look of the front of a Silver Gen 6. January in the Calendar shows it best. I always thought that it looked like a shark on the hunt. Only thing it needs is clear indicator lenses, they on my wish list.

11. Partpower

Partpower New Member

I picked ride comfort, but that's just the one my mouse landed on. All of the choices are great. after 7 years and 31,000 miles it still looks and rides great.

12. oss

oss New Member

too many things to just single one out, i love the metal flake in the black,the handlingis great,the looks are outstanding,the sound gives me chills,it 's hard to find the end of the power band. What"s not to love?

13. Bruise Lee

Bruise Lee New Member

Map
    I have two trains of thought about this, as far as my 1986 RWB is concerned it has to the sound and looks(it wears a set of supertrapps w/9 discs). The 5th Gen in RED is the refinement it has acquired over the thirteen years.

14. malcster

malcster New Member

Map
    what I like

color red,sounds great,v4's rock...low end and high,cool body,rides great, mich.P.P.'s,does everything great,handles great carving nice lines,gen62004,luv it!!!

15. SFPA

SFPA New Member

Map
    33 votes?? That's it? Lets go people! Stand up for your convictions!! :smile:

16. mordred

mordred New Member

Sorry, can't vote yet. I only put 2 miles on mine before I packed it up for winter. However I did buy it for the sound, reliability and all around comfort.

17. Hondapitbull

Hondapitbull New Member

I love the 5th gen., all around perfect in every way!!! I have a 1999 with custom black paint,zerogravity wind screen,and a Two Brothers race exhaust...BEST SOUND EVER !!!

18. Howardbj

Howardbj New Member

One thing...got to be the handling, or maybe the reliability, no wait a minute, the touring capability, no, it's the sound, gotta be the sound, but I really like the looks...luggage is pretty good too.

19. malcster

malcster New Member

Map
    2nd reply,what I like most is the ergonomics.I'm 6'3'' 185,it's eh comfortable ride,got 400 miles ride time before uncomfort.Fast touring ,red is faster,luv the VFR.THANKS,great site!

20. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    I've gone for " Legendary all-around ability " maybe a little copout but it is the single one thing that attacted me to it in the first place....

The VFR's full competency has proven itself to me time and time again with the type of riding I most love and that is heading down back interesting roads with sometimes iffy surfaces, getting down in good comfort and fanging it through our glorious Alpine tightly winding twisties and heading back via Secondary roads with decent nightime lighting to see you safely home. Longest such day trip to date was 750 miles and was still feeling good enough to do a fun ride again the next day.... :rockon:

The glorious sounds the VFR eminates also makes my odd city commute a joy but is really the great tasting icing on top. Very :cool: