What does your username mean?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by derstuka, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Desmosabie

Desmosabie New Member

Good short stories, here's mine.

In the mid/late 90's I had a hell of a time finding my first email name address thingy that wasn't taken already. After a half hour or so I sat back and looked around the room for some ideas. As luck would have it a giant 6' "it's not a poster" of a Ducati 916 was on my wall. On the side of the bike it says, "Desmoquattro". I didn't want to just take someone else's name, I had to manipulate it a bit. So Desmo it was, but what to finish it off that sounded fitting...The lone Ranger came to mind (i forget why) and his name according to Tonto was "Kemosahbee" was cool, (for years I thought it was the horses name) so I took the last part of it and got Desmosabie, sounded good to me. I did the spelling 'cause i didnt know it proper at the time and it worked, i finally had an email address and the name has worked everywhere else on the internet i've tried ever since, so I still use it. BTW, i F'd up my youtube channel and know it's thedesmosabie...

2. V4play

V4play New Member

V4PLAY.....The V4 and 4Play both get your heart racing ;-)

3. rainman6

rainman6 New Member

Map
    I often lie down in park areas....naked....like the movie

4. Locoelectrician

Locoelectrician New Member

By trade, I am a locomotive electrician. Works well and fits other than when it is interpreted by people over the phone, they usually assume its locaLelectrician, as in union.

5. DaHose

DaHose New Member

United States
    Map
    My name is Jose. In high school I wrestled and they started calling me hose. Not to mention people with REALLY bad spelling skills will actually write my name that way (Hose, or Hozay even - :crazy: )

I don't mind at all when people would say, "hey what's up hose/hoser". So I have used that as my vanity license plate since I was a teen. Funny thing about that is that when I first started seeing my wife 21 years ago, I went to pick her up at her dad's house in my 240Z. It was wearing DaHose1 as its license plate. I had some splaining to do about that. :redface:

Jose

6. Skifreak

Skifreak New Member

United States
    Map
    I am a ski patroller. When the snow hits here in the Pacific Northwest, the bike goes into hibernation and my ski patrolling duties take over. Now is one of the few times during the year I can go patrol, come home, change out of my ski gear and ride my VFR. My friends think I am a freak...skifreak.

7. fog ducker

fog ducker New Member

Canada
    Map
    Ummm. I live in an area that gets lots of fog I guess.

8. maves75

maves75 New Member

Wow! When I lived in Kalispell, I would do shrinkwrapping for a part time job. I swear I met this same guy. Those put together yourself carport/garages that were sold at costco, well, we grafted three of them together, and shrunk wrapped the whole thing for this guy,the only other things on the property were those comex containers. My username is the same one i am know as all over the web. my last name and my birth year..maves75...I didn't think I could get Interceptor86 or 87 as late as I joined.:cool:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  9. Expvet

Expvet New Member

United States
    Map
    When a team has a lead in the final minutes but begins to lose ground and is in danger of falling apart and blowing it, who does the coach bring in to stabilize them, take control and lead them to victory? The Experienced Veteran. And there you go!

10. KizerSosay

KizerSosay New Member

United States
    Kizersosay AKA Keyser Söze- The guy crime bosses tell their kids about to scare them. Keyser Sosay will come for you while you sleep. No one has ever seen him. He is invisible. You'll never know he is there. From the movie The Usual Susptect.

It's a joke I'm not really like that...really.

11. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    ....and I ain't really bad. Really!

12. Rainbow7

Rainbow7 New Member

Huge Tom Clancy fan, and Rainbow Six is my favourite of his books. I also love the Rainbow Six video games, especially Vegas 1 & 2.

13. pgafuture

pgafuture New Member

United States
    I've been chasing the dream of playing professional golf since I was in my teens. Now I'm chasing the dream of caddying on tour. Neither are likely.

14. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Do you have one of those cute rainbow flags too? Are we still in Kansas Toto?

15. vf750orig

vf750orig New Member

Map
    Nothing too original for me, sorry. My buddy worked for a cycle dealer and bought one of the first ones into the Washington area in '83. He crashed it first time out racing and didn't like the 16" front wheel.He sold it to me. I repaired the crash damage and we raced the bike for about three seasons. I gave the bike to my son and somebody stole it from him.

16. ricko2

ricko2 New Member

United States
    Ricko2. When I first got an email. Wanted to be ricko, Taken. Ricko1, Taken. Ricko2, available, so it stuck. And it worked for all kinds of other stuff.

17. Alfadiablo

Alfadiablo New Member

Gibraltar
    Map
    Well, I have owned various Alfaromeo's and was always playing on Diablo during my uni days. One day I had to create a password that I would never forget and this was alfadiablo. (Not a password any more!) Although, it is also my PS3 network name on Black Ops 2!!! When I am not on the bike, or at work, that's where you will find me :tongue:

18. 91talon

91talon New Member

Used to own a '91 Talon TSi AWD. Put about 220hp down to all four wheels.
    I miss that car.

19. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    A little off topic but related here. When I first set up my original email address I thought and thought and decided to use the first three letters from myself, wife and two kids for an address. Can you believe it. ranvieshakyl was taken. No fuggen way!

Once I chose another and had my account set up, I tried making contact to see how this person came to use that name but they never got back to me.

20. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Bet you cant figure mine out.....even though I have. Honda now. My license was 1Hotduc..every non rider would ask Whats a duke