what is your age?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by DANIMAL, Aug 2, 2007.

1. 94VFR750F

94VFR750F New Member

I'm 26, I rode dirt bikes from when I was thirteen till I was twenty, I took a few year break and bought my VFR in 2010. I don't think I'll ever be too old to ride.

"It's not an option to grow old, it is an option to grow up"

I <3 my VFR.

2. creaky

creaky New Member

United States
    I'll be 76 in June, got my first motorbike in 1952, a '48 Whizzer on a Schwinn springer fork bicycle.

3. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    im 27 now. first thing i rode was 75cc three wheeler(honda i think) when i was 8.
    that was about it till i was twelve and i got a honda gyro (fun but slow as shit).
    then i rode a 250cc honda two stroke dirt bike and a ninja 250 around 16.
    when i was 20 i got my cb750, and i think i was 22 when i got the 6th gen.
    so ive been riding real motorcycle for the past 7 years :)

4. Irish John

Irish John New Member

I started riding when I was 14. My best friend and I would save our lunch money, collect and return pop bottles, etc. till we had enough money saved to go rent a couple of the old step through Honda 50's from the gas station down the street. We'd skip school and ride the hell out of those bikes. Bought my first motorcycle at 16, kept it hid in the shed behind my best friend's house. Only told my Mom about that one about a month ago.

I'm turning 61 next month and doubt I'll stop riding for a long time yet...or at least I hope so. After riding for 47 years, I had my first street bike accident on the 4th of November this year. Totaled the bike, concussion, broken wrist, broken big toe, sprain wrist and ankle, broke both elbows.

I was wearing all my protective gear. K-DOT repainted the fog lines on the highway, put down glass powder to make the lines reflective but didn't sweep up the excess. Hit that on a corner at 30mph and high sided.

That said, I can't wait to get back to riding, as soon as I get through with my OT and the weather gets a little better!

5. SouthTexasRich

SouthTexasRich New Member

Let's see...

My Dad was against anything fun, including motorcycles, so I got my first bike at 18. Rode continuously (and didn't own a car) until age 25....

... at which time I sold off the bike and bought a cage because my daughter was in the womb and on the way...

...but after 12 years and buying enough life insurance to make the wife happy, I'm back at it like old times at age 38...

... no car, and my '07 RWB baby is my daily rider. :biggrin:

No age limit for me. I figure I got about 40 years of motorcycling ahead of me.

6. drude

drude New Member

Map
    I'm 33. I've been riding for about 5 years. Started on a 50cc scooter. The next year I bought a 250 ninja. Then last year I bought a 2002 VFR.

7. wagzhp

wagzhp New Member

United States
    Map
    50 here. Started riding at 14 on a Kawasaki 125 2 stroke enduro. Rode that thing through hell and high water. Wrecked it more times than I can remember. But at least I figured out how to ride on dirt and trails, where falling isn't nearly as painful. Back then there weren't any riding schools around that I knew about (or could afford) so I pretty much learned on my own. I couldn't imagine learning on the streets, especially now days with so much traffic and distracted drivers.

My son (18) is a fairly new rider, and my wife (45) is just getting started, but at least they have an experienced rider in the house to guide them and answer questions. My son went to the MSF course way before he got his first bike. We figured learning on the program's bikes would be safer and more cost effective, especially since he wasn't sure if he would like riding. Now he's on an older CBR600 and loving it. My wife is on the vfr700 and is still limiting herself to the local business park parking lot, while she gets comfortable. But she is very close to being ready for some quiet country road riding.

8. chrisallison

chrisallison New Member

48 now , rode my brothers yamaha fs1e age 14. bought fs1edx aged 16 ,then cb100n,cd200,z400j,cb250rs,gs550,cx500,550 zephr,ntv650,now have vfr 800 & aprilia tuono ......phew! hope to ride till i drop.

9. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I was hooked in 8th grade when Mike Henning passed me a Triumph brochure in English class. I had all kinds of bikes and it was my first opportunity to hide my activities from my parents, a skill which proved to be a great benefit later in life. I bought, built and rode bikes until my daughter was born and then my bikes slowly drifted away. I stared riding again after the kids were big. I am 53 and I can say I had never dreamed of owning such an excellent bike as my VFR. I am amazed every time I ride. I plan to ride until I feel that I am a hindrance to traffic or a danger to others.

10. dougk35

dougk35 New Member

62 years old. My second bike...Honda 65.
    [​IMG]
    Got this pic of it off the internet.

11. Orionhunter

Orionhunter New Member

45 in March. Started riding in High school and stopped in College. No good reason, just sold the bike for some other bright shiny thing. On a whim I took the MSF two years ago, picked up a Ninja a week later. Sold it 3 weeks ago. And now my red second love resides in the garage. I call her Vix. :cool:

12. Robclo

Robclo New Member

Canada
    Map
    47 but still haven't grown up much. When I was 11 Santa brought me my first bike, a DT 100. Don't know how he got it down the chimney but it was down stairs under the tree. Spent the next 7 or 8 years trailoring motocross and other dirt bikes with my Dad and friends. Life started, summers got busy and I knew if I got a street bike I either be dead or in jail. As I was closing in on 40 I couldn't stop myself any more and figured I was a little more responsible. I still worry about jail and cages but the right day, the right road there's nothin that clears my head more. I'll always look forward to riding.