What Tank Bag??

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Schrader, Jun 2, 2006.

1. im944

im944 New Member

Map
    I have the Cortech (Sport, I think) and I love it. It is so functional and I have found the clear map pouch on top to be a great idea. It is deceptively large also, especially if you unzip the extension. I wouldn't want one any bigger because I can already stash way more than the 10 lb. limit in there and have many times. Speed tested to pretty damn fast and not a problem. The tank is a tiny bit wide for it, but it still fits and looks great. Around $70. Highly recommended.

2. Spike

Spike New Member

You might also want to consider a seat bag. You don't get the map pocket, well on some you do, but it is a whole lot less functional ;-) But if you don't need that, and don't have a passenger, you can get a bag that pops onto the passenger seat. Pros & Cons, although I may miss some

Pros, never interferes with steering at low speed, or visability of the gauges, also allows you to still tuck in behind hte screen at speed if you want to. You don't have to deal with it every single time you get gas. You never have to worry about it scratching your tank. Even if you need to expand it to full size, it still doesn't get in your way.

Cons, can't see map pocket, harder to swing leg over bike for some, and can't be used as a pillow to rest your arms.

As for handling, I would say it is a wash, as the height is about the same, maybe a little lower on the seat bag, but the tank bag is entirely between your two axles, where the seat bag might be over the rear one or even slightly behind it. But I wouldn't really carry real heavy stuff in either one anyway.

With Marsse, they have, or at least used to have, bags that can be used as a tank bag or a seat bag. So depending on your needs, you could use it either way.

Spike

3. Hopsterman

Hopsterman New Member

Australia
    Map
    Ive ordered a luggage locker seat sack. Ill see how that goes, when it finally arrives. Commin from US