What you doin?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by drewl, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Puma Cat

Puma Cat New Member

I'm a molecular biologist with an extensive background in human molecular genetics, and work for a biotech firm with $2 billion/yr in earnings.
    I'm also a certified Six Sigma Black Belt; currently my role is as a Design for Six Sigma Black Belt. I co-teach Design for Six Sigma to scientists and engineers, and I work with design teams and product managers and show them how to develop products that really reflect customer value and design new genetics and genetic analysis instrumentation products so they work right the first time. I also help process development and manufacturing teams fix their quality problems.

2. Action

Action New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm a test engineer on military flight simulators. Anytime they are modified I design a test plan then demonstrate it to the government to prove they got what they paid for. Prior to that I was a flight engineer in the Air Force for 20 years.

Action

3. rngdng

rngdng New Member

I guess I could have mentioned my military background. I spent twenty years on the Navy. I serviced Inertial Navigation equipment on submarines before I was promoted to Chief Warrant Officer. I retired as soon as they'd let me, and I don't miss it at all. Not even a little.

Lane

4. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map

You guys brake it and i fix it !!!!!
    I am a heavy equipment mechanic for demolition company

5. SWS

SWS New Member

Map
    My background is in science (chemist), but they turned me into a manager at a research laboratory.

6. SLOav8r

SLOav8r New Member

Right now I'm an out of work, corporate pilot.
    [​IMG]

Used to fly this bad boy for a biotech company, that I'm contractually obligated to speak very highly of for another 13 months...
    [​IMG]

I feel dirty admitting it, but I'm an IT guy right now while I try to score another corporate gig here on the central coast (easier said then done). And no, I'm not geek squad. [​IMG]

I work with a small IT group here on the coast with clients all up and down the west coast. We do everything from IT management to hardware and software engineering. Fortunately we don't advertise, so I don't have to deal with too many "consumer" level issues. Our clients are mostly local companies, a few multinational companies, some municipalities and the typical government stuff.

I escaped the geek world once, I'm going to do it again!

7. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map

now i think that would be a cool job :cool:

8. Fizz

Fizz New Member

Map
    I'm an Ex Geek Squad employee. I left that hell hole after 1.5 months. So many things wrong with that place. But heck, it was the only computer job that would take an 18 year old without certs. :caked: I wanted to use it as a line in my resume for the future, but I decided it wasn't worth it. I felt guilty about selling people overpriced work all day and doing the same 1 2 3 sequence on new PCs. I literally walked off the job.

9. JTC

JTC New Member

United States
    Map
    Motorcycle crash test dummie. Meth cook. Crack salesman. Muscle for hire. (I repo the repo man) Colombian drug smuggler. Terd burgler. African blood diamond trader. Advanced weapons and amunition fabricator. Professional father of the year impersonator. Last but not least, Disposable solider for 6th gen. Vtec bat. :cool:

Currently:
    LA CO EMT, Lifeguard, Asst. Swim Coach @ local comm. college,
    Self employed as a LGT,WSI,CPR,AED, Instructor
    Past:
    Worked as a Mechanic/Fabricator at a Corvette restoration/hot rod shop for 8 years.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  10. PorscheBob

PorscheBob New Member

United States
    Map
    Owner of a string of whore-houses (bordellos) in Nevada...............................I wish.

Actually a retired Human Factors Engineer (missiles and Bradley tank) and former USMC.

11. cirv

cirv New Member

I own a State Farm insurance agency.

12. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    I'm a labor law enforcement officer.

And MSF Coach, but that's more for fun than pay.

13. OneSided

OneSided New Member

Map
    I'm a Firefighter:flame: and an EMT-I, currently I'm in Paramedic school.

14. goinphaster

goinphaster New Member

I work for one of the largest aviation companies in the world that specialize in over seas work no one else wants.

O.K. it's just the Navy. I work on Super Hornets (egress and environmental). Worked on Tomcats for a short time supporting "war heads on foreheads" humanitarian campaign to rid the world of taliban (OEF). Did a tour in Japan for two years, can't wait to go back (I need another RVF400.....). Right now I am at a training squadron that teaches nuggets who haven't learned to shave yet how to fly 55 million dollar airplanes. Not sure if they have permission from their mom's to go play war:wink:

15. brutus

brutus New Member

I'm a Junior High...Oooops I ' mean Middle School P.E. teacher. I hear clown voices in my head until the middle of June, and then they stop until late August. :cool:

Could be why I wear ear plugs all the time on the bikes, but I wouldn't bet on it. Actually a fine job, with decent bennies...and lots of time to ride during the summer months. It's kept me in pretty good physical shape over the years, and at 50, I'm still limber enuf to ride a sporty mount. I know...50 is the new 40, but it's the clown voices that say other wise...

et tu

16. S.U.A.R

S.U.A.R New Member

I'm a state corrections officer (prison guard). "I did not put you here, but I will damn well keep you here."

17. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map

how's that going? have you talked to either of the companies we talked about? the second one seemed really interested but Alison's husband's place sounds like a cooler place to work. He just got an experimental helicopter that he's flying a lot now. He told her it was for camping trips and stuff so he loads it up and flies up into the mountains.

18. sussi

sussi New Member

Map
    I spraypaint car´s (and bike´s) Mostly insurance claim repare´s

19. SLOav8r

SLOav8r New Member

Practice makes perfect. I've got zero certs and I majored in aerospace engineering back when we still used pencil & paper...

Geek Squad is pretty much the Jiffy Lube of the IT world. Conveniently forget that one on your resume.

20. SLOav8r

SLOav8r New Member

She's running some single-pilot stuff and needs captains only. I've gotta do a few years as a first officer in the jets before I can get insured. But she does have a cool company. Charter based out of here, Salt Lake City and medivac based out of norther arizona.

Talked to Alison's husband right before the holidays and he said they'll be needing people around March. Hooked me up with his chief pilot's information. I was afraid to drop my resume too early cuz it'd get lost again. So now's the time to to beg/plead for a job. I'd give anything to work for Bill. I know one of his pilots and he said it's a great place to work for (and we normally complain a lot, so that's a good thing).

Got another lead up in Paso too that would be really kooshy, but the guy hasn't even bought a plane yet.

In the meantime, got a few people interested in my zipping them around the state for meetings here and there. Wouldn't be a money maker, but it's free flight time for me.