Wheel convensation chat

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by keny, Jul 17, 2003.

1. keny

keny New Member

Finland
    OK. If you do a wheel convensation on a -87 vfr 750, the moust populare is the F2 front and rear wheel. I also read about gsx-r 1100 front and rear wheel used.
    So I like to do a convenation to get newer tire disigns. But I kindof like the way it looks when the frontwheel is smaller than the rear.
    Ofcorse you want the front and rear wheel to bee the same disign (ore nearly same), right.
    So I have come to see that older fzr1000 (-87-88) have a 18" rear wheel that is 4,5 wide and take a 160/60 radial. So you don`t get the sporttires like bridg 010 in that size, but the 020 which is sticky enugh fore me. The fzr got a near disign to the gsx-r and the speedo cabel from the gsx-r I read somewhere that fits to the vfr odo.
    The second option would be a crb900 fireblad 16" front and a f2/f3 rear. I just don`t know if the first cbr900 got manual speedodrive or electrical, and do they fitt the vfr odo. and how the frontend fits is a ????? In 16" you get sporttires in 130/70 size and sporttuor radials in 120/80 (metz z2, dunl d205, avon av45).
    Another thing I wuonder is do I have to remowe the centralstand if you fitt a 160 rear?

All coments and info from anyone that has done an wheel convent. is welkome.

2. waldrm

waldrm New Member

Kenny, best mod is the F2 in my opinion. Better to stick with Honda forks as the steering stem from your early VFR fits the F2 clamp. Be sure to press it out from the top and in from the bottom; the stems are tapered to ensure alignment. With an F2 front you will need an F2 or F3 rear wheel to match the six spoke design.

3. keny

keny New Member

Finland
    Ok I`m just a man that wan`t to go my own way and have something different. I`ll just got a set of used magnesiumwheels in three spoke design, 3.5x17 front and 5.0x18 rear. They came whit 120/70-17 and 170/60-18 metz me1:s. the rear is broberly to fat? Then I`ll got a kaw zx9r USD-fork on the way. Lets see wherre I`ll get.