When tight money allowance brings you down...

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by OSA 06, Jul 27, 2011.

1. OSA 06

OSA 06 New Member

United States
    Map
    After 6 months of stalking ebay bids for 3rd gen fairings, I came across an ENTIRE body in EXCELLENT condition. Just the kind of finds that only happen once. The best part was the price... even after all the bids had ended, all the fairings including metal lowers, all plastic dash trim and inserts, front fairing stay, and centerstand, went for less than $800!! I, of course, had to sit by and watch the find of a lifetime vanish before my eyes. I HATE not having enough money when it is so badly needed!! Had to vent a bit... still looking for original parts if anyone has info where to find them lol

2. Mark 024

Mark 024 New Member

Australia
    Map
    Just keep askin', they will turn up

3. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    don't beat yourself up. For all you know, the winner may well have been willing to pay double that. It's not like, if you had $825 that you would have won.

4. OSA 06

OSA 06 New Member

United States
    Map
    Very true indeed Tink haha just a bit upsetting when you find good quality pieces as they don't show up often. I'm not actually in a big hurry to get everything anyways... although I'm hoping to find a front fairing soon so I can mount the front lights and windshield. My zipties are currently doing an outstanding job of holding the headlight, but I've got it pointed too low. But everything should come together with time... and money. :)

5. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    There is a 1992 parts bike on Raleigh Craigslist for $1200. It was painted yellow and looks to be missing the mids and lowers but the upper fairing looks entact in the pic. It also has the front fender and rear fairing pieces. Make the guy a lower offer and see if he is willing to negotiate. I'd gladly buy the rear wheel and starter clutch from you. You could easily part out the rest and make some of your money back and/or have spare parts for your own bike which are obviously very difficult to find. Now hurry up and go pick it up before someone gets my wheel.

Rollin

6. OSA 06

OSA 06 New Member

United States
    Map
    Will check it out and would be glad to share some parts... already replaced the starter clutch on mine with OEM.... ouch haha I'll let you know