Where do y'all park?

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by RobVG, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    The striped area is usually on the right hand side of the vans. the access doors being on the right when the vans are parked nose in. The large striped area is for handicapped folks who are in mobile devices like wheelchairs. These are unloaded in the striped area.

I go to Walmart on the bike some of the time. In one instance I thought it would be better to go in the cage when I bought a flatscreen TV. Same deal when I load up on Fritos and chips. Those damned cargo bungees smash them down too much.

Next time you go, check oot the harleydoods who seem to always park dead center in a parking space or get pissed when you tell them they are in a handicapped zone.

2. cornerexit

cornerexit New Member

I don't park a motorcycle where I can't see it without an alarm. Neither bike has an alarm so I just take the cage for shopping.

3. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Most (not all) of our handicapped spots here are very wide to accommodate that. Don't recall seeing those lines painted as you guys speak. What I was referring to was where they paint lines rather than putting in curbs and a raised island. Would never interfere with handicapped parking, though I mistakenly did one snowy day. At a Legion of all places. Only sign was painted on the ground. Was so embarrassed about that. The legionnaires present were treated to a round at my expense.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  4. FJ12rydertoo

FJ12rydertoo Member

United States
    Map
    Yeah, me too. There's usually room in between posts where they have the painted lines. I don't park in such a way as to block or inconvenience the handicapped parkers. Although, at Walmart that covers a whole lot of people.

5. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Our Walmart lets people park on the side walk, there is enough concrete there. There is a "sales associate" that always parks like that and covers his scooter too.

I just take a canoe to Walmart, I don't damage the chips and can start on the beer drinking while oot on the water. :loco: its not crazy if its true.

6. Keager

Keager Member

United States
    Map
    Away from the door, but either on the sidewalk, or sometimes at the end of the row in the hash marks. I park in a legal spot near the back if I have to, or if the wife is with on her Spyder.