Where to buy Owners Manual?

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by signal, Apr 2, 2020.

1. signal

signal Definitely Not New Member

United States
    I realize I can download the PDF for free, and I have that. But where can I buy the actual printed manual? I got my bike used, and the manual was not included. Is there a part number? I thought Helm may have it but it looks like they only sell the Service Manual.

2. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    There’s some on eBay ....

3. signal

United States
    Never mind, I see Helm does indeed have the manual. I guess they just never made a “2015” Manual, that the 2015’s come with a “2014” manual. So I ordered one of those. I just like to keep it with the bike.

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I wonder if the PO just forgot to include it and may still have it? Hell. I still have the owners manuals for two bicycles that were stolen from me. I was trying to find the thief so I could give it to them. Them beat them to a pulp. On both the vehicles I had bought new, I kept every document associated to those vehicles and included them all in a package and left that on the front seat for the next owner, so he had knowledge of the vehicle's history. Not the registration and insurance papers though. Even the window stickers I kept.

5. signal

United States
    I left a bunch of stuff with the dealer for the next owner of my 2003. However he said he has to scrub all the personal identifiable info. I think that means he will just throw it all in the trash unfortunately. I don’t know how to track down the previous owner, I would love to talk to him. This person was so OCD, there is no way the toolkit and owners manual were not turned in with the bike. I think the dealership just is in disarray and cant locate it. They couldn’t find the seat, but I insisted they keep looking and they eventually found that. With my bike I traded I left all the paperwork on the shocks, helibars, even the ram mounts, throttle Meister, even the packaging for the HRC fuel lid protector I bought........

6. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    That is understandable scrubbing and the likelihood they just tossed it but it is really too bad. I know if I were to buy a used vehicle, I would really like to have the history. I am sure I am not the only one and suspect there are a lt who think the same way. But such is life.

I found something from my last truck I had stored away that I forgot to include with the truck when I wrote that truck off. I know this truck was rebuilt as I saw it for sale on Craigslist a few months later. There were a couple identifiable features on the truck. Looks like they did a pretty good job, then again, it was mostly cosmetic work. But in any event, I should have contacted the seller and offered it to him.