Who Hates Harley Davidson?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Bubba Zanetti, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    Or BMW generating 200 out of 1000ccs...

But meh, what do the Germans know?

2. ThatsAgoodjay

ThatsAgoodjay New Member

United States
    I hate them, because of the owners.

The young dudes on 883's I dont mind, I hate the weekend warrior types that take their RoadKings out in a button down Hawaiian shirt, shorts, sandals and no helmet. They invariably get hit/hit something and are killed. It's horrible for their families, horrible for the motorcycle community, and horrible for my insurance rates.

What's worse is the few times i've pointed out how silly they're being by not at least wearing the minimum of gear, I get told i'm not a 'true rider' even though this will be halfway into a full day ride on twisty backroads at 100% of what my VFR will do.....

I in general dislike cruisers. The only one I would consider is an Indian Scout. But the Harley markup, Harley 'lifestyle' and typical Harley rider just irritate me.

3. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

Most would IMO agree with what you say except for the closet harleydoods that infest this shrine..;)

4. RobVG

RobVG Member

Canada
    Map

WunVCk3_d.jpg

5. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    I pretty much wave or nod to all our fellow two-wheeled enthusiasts - ok, scooters maybe not so much lol. For whatever reason, maybe because I'm riding a sport bike, the majority of the riders who wave/nod back the least have been on Harleys.

As far as performance, whenever I hear Vince Neil sing "custom built bike doing 103", I picture him and his bandmates riding on Harleys and laugh.

6. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Don't hold back on us now. I have to agree with you. I really don't understand the "need" to conform to a "lifestyle" defined by an object especially when it includes doing stupid things like not wearing protective gear. When I was into heavy whitewater nobody got in it without protective gear. Darwinism seems to play it's part in this type of thing. Having said all that, two of my best friends are on their way to FL. on Harleys but they conform to nothing and no one including Harley. They just like to comfort of one as opposed to a VFR on a ~3000 mile round trip.

7. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Every year there seems to be a contest between 20 year old squids on super bikes vs Hardley dudes to see who can have the most splattered bikes.

8. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    No law that says you have to wave. Plenty of stuff on the road trying to kill you to pay attention to. I'll give a half hearted wave off the left grip (palm never leaves) sometimes as a response only. stopped with that low slung peace sign thing many miles ago.

9. MRR050

MRR050 New Member

Map
    I am 57 and ride sport bikes because IMO they are more comfortable, safer (due to handling) and just damn fun to ride vs a cruiser. I wave at all bikes, don't care if they wave back. I do find it silly how some HD riders have attitude. I have had several ask me "what are you doing on that rocket?", I always say getting there faster than you. :) But I have seen many times when people are down, anyone on a bike will stop and help. That's what matters...

10. Badbilly

United States
    Well, you'll never catch me in a showercap when facing my morning whitewater. I'm an au natural kind of guy.

This is confusing are your BFs riding one or two Harleys? I'm surprised you weren't invited along.

11. Badbilly

United States
    Have you seen the latest farkle from HD? They are really going upscale. It's an LED device that's aboot the size of a cell phone. It's bolted to the front fender of any bike and comes with it's own wiring harness. Operation is easy and done with the index finger of the right/throttle hand. The darn thing is even programmable (at a few pesos extra) The basic operation is when you see another bike coming toward you, you push the little button and the device lights up showing a hand waving. The programmable aspects of course, display several well known hand signals.

Some may laugh and think this is silly but it beats texting or trying to scratch your nose and waving at the same time.

12. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    With the cruise control on my BMW I can throw both arms straight up in the air for a really big wave!

13. Badbilly

United States
  14. VFR_Mike

VFR_Mike New Member

United States
    Map
    This ^^^^

15. thx1138

thx1138 New Member

Australia
    Map
  16. Badbilly

United States
    If I weren't on ignore by minigator I would ask for you. He's an expert on that kind of stuff.

17. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Hoi! Back off of Kylie.

18. Badbilly

United States
    Which one? Ya got the one whose one mom was her dad and her other mom was pimping her oot before she reached puberty. I'm guessing the singer from OZ.

Either way, harleydoods ain't all that picky.

http://imgur.com/gXfnmXi

19. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I actually kind of like ABBA too.

20. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Sorry, still dislike police, less when I travel to the euro-zone maybe the language barrier mitigates the dislike. Funny, all the people that I know that own a hd and anther bike always say the hd is a slow, ill handling turd. Bike cops are the worse mother fukers too btw, the departmnts ride those bikes for 2 years and either auction them off or sell them out right and make money (talk about buying something with bad karma associated with it.) I do own a car with 666 in the VIN :mech:

They tried selling some non hd bikes to the local donut slayers, they were st1300 - the cops just generally trashed them and burned out the clutches fast. If its not some chromed out POS I guess they dont want it.

Funny, back in the day other sport bike people looked down their nose at me for riding a viffer, they were on gixxers, zx11s, etc...its all good, ride and wave and FTW

ABBA is the cats arse...:love: