Who Hates Harley Davidson?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Bubba Zanetti, Jan 31, 2008.

1. highway star

highway star New Member

United States
    Map
    My last HD hate'n straw came the other day. I rode out to the local lake, stopped by the spillway where guys fish. There were two HD'rs taking pictures of each other posing on their bikes. I almost threw up.

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
  3. Robclo

Robclo New Member

Canada
    Map
  4. Badbilly

United States

Neither is "we're all out here for the same reason". ;)

5. Robclo

Robclo New Member

Canada
    Map
  6. VFR777

VFR777 New Member

Map
    Here is something for you guys to work with...

Former Marine Sues Harley-Davidson Dealership For Exploiting His PTSD To Sell Him A New Motorcycle

A 25 yo former Marine named Brett Smit is alleging that a Harley-Davidson dealership in Irvine, California took advantage of his PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) to sell him with a brand new motorcycle. In a first case ever of this nature, on October 30th the Marine has filed a lawsuit against the dealership. Smith claims that he entered the dealership in early April and purchased the $17,000 bike. According to court documents his family attempted to return the bike two days later claiming the man had purchased it after being awake for five continuous days due to insomnia and wasn’t thinking straight. - See more at: http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2013/11/10...ll-him-a-new-motorcycle/#sthash.DdgcvIOn.dpuf

There goes your stock B-Billy :biggrin-new:

7. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    If everyone who had buyers remorse was able to return their new bikes no one would be able to sell any new bikes at all.

8. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    The dealership cannot be responsible for your mental state when buying a bike.

We had a customer that purchased a brand new Triumph T140 Special from us. We did the paper work and he paid cash. Once the transaction was completed he rolled the bike out on the porch, next to the service department, opened the seat, got the tool kit out and started taking stuff off the bike. He got the tank off and was in the process of unwrapping the wiring loom. My boss went outside and said "Hey friend. if you want to see what they look like all apart we got bikes in the back we could show you. You don't have to take yours apart." He fix him with a blank stare and said "it's my bike and I'll do what I like with it." My boss let him alone. It was a hot day and directly the guy staggers in and goes the the soda machine. He buys two cold drinks, unzips both boots (They were the high top zip up the side kind) and pours the soda in his shoes. My boss called the state mental hospital which was about 25 miles away in Norman. At first they didn't want to talk to him citing confidentiality but my boss just gave them the information we had from the bike transactions. He waited on the phone while they checked and after a few minutes a voice informed him that they would send someone out.

Two weeks later he called and wanted to know if his bike was still there and we assured him it was. He asked if we could put it back together for him and we assured him we could. It seems that he had gone off his meds. The moral of the story is the bike still belong to him even if he was nuts when he bought it.

As an aside, the term "I pored soda in my shoes" became a synonymous for going crazy such as "I worked on the electrical system until I pored soda in my shoes."

9. VFR Love

VFR Love New Member

United States
    I agree its on the buyer not knowing the facts, but I'd think differently if the story comes out that he was visibly deranged.

I wonder if there are any legal precedents set by an Alzheimer's victim or someone visibly intoxicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Badbilly

United States
  11. VFR Love

VFR Love New Member

United States
  12. Badbilly

United States

The Marine's lawyer has dozens if not more precedents in civil law.

What is funny is that this will get around at Camp Pendelton and piss off a whole bunch of dudes you really don't want to piss off.

The salesdood at the Stealership is probably gone by now and if not now the sales manager will be toast too.

The company may not even mess with this issue and leave the franchise holder to twist in the wind.

I guess the harleydoods at this outfit didn't read "How to Win Friends and Influence People."

13. Badbilly

United States
    So Jim did you get your commission right away or did you have to wait until the guy came back in? As long as you are here what is the name of the dealership you work for so the folks nearby have a little insight on how your outfit conducts it's business.

Also if you can, can you provide a statute in Texas law that supports your theory of a dealers responsibility concerning impaired customers? Its OK if what you are trying to imply is merely a parable, but my gosh don't quote the law. The risk there is thqt even more people will think you are full of shit.

14. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    If Harley Davidson corporate is true to their roots they will let the dealership take it up the backside and do no public relations work at all.

15. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    Coming way late into this....
    - Its kinda whacked, but I got a call outta the blue from Harley HR Corporate and they asked me if I would be interested in interviewing for a HD Chief Engineer spot. I'm like -
    Holy Shit! A motorcycle engineering job! But.. son of bitch! Its Harley. I told I would think on it for a couple days. Ultimately I said "no." I just cant do it.

16. Badbilly

United States
    Great Show! Very popular with great ratings and reviews..Lots of jobs for all sorts of folks, great for advertisers. Neither the show or FX is traded. FX is "FOX" and they at close were down a bit. The upshot is that FOX is launching a new version of FX called FXX targeting the 18-34 set who spend money like shit through a goose. Hopefully they will retain Curt Sutter and crew to provide fodder.

17. Badbilly

United States
    If you change your mind I'll give you fifty bucks for both your bikes. From what I hear, Chief Engineers at Harley get three identical bikes to keep up the image. The odds that all three are broke all at once is a long shot, especially now that they are using parts made in Japan, Thailand and China.

18. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    lol -- nada -- Keeping them! I wonder how that would go if I rode my viffer to work at Harley!

19. VFR777

VFR777 New Member

Map
    To be honest with you, it shouldn't matter...in the end, we are all Motorcyclist

20. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map
    ya know Ive rode with both but for me its the hard looks and whole tough guy attitude.