Who Hates Harley Davidson?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Bubba Zanetti, Jan 31, 2008.

1. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Welcome to the forum of decor ; )

2. jorgescar69

jorgescar69 New Member

United States
    Map
    Iks just bee addings to me post count... yo!

3. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
  4. NormK

NormK New Member

It is just helping it get to 50 pages quickly

5. Stubbsy

Stubbsy New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Mmmmm i dont hate em just in England(London)well you know fellas with too much cash: like to to make themselves look like that film you know.....errrrr with John Travolta and friends......HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!:chaingun:

6. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Sorry dudes, I am still trying to figure oot if being called a neberjel is an insult or a compliment.

The best I can do ya right now is to suggest that scotto do one of three things. Sell that POS Harley, take an anger management course, or hook up with VFR 777 and hit some of those kinky leather bars there in of all places Kansas..

7. VFR777

VFR777 New Member

Map
    O so now I get attacked by the troll for trying to welcome a newcomer to the fold, well I hope you all are happy, you ALL should be ashamed of yourselves :sorrow:

A little reminder: I don't own a Harley

8. Badbilly

United States
    In democratic societies the will of the people must prevail. Would you have our good friends down under go without any that they require when all you have to do is take this scotto dude to one of those kinky leather bars there in Kansas. I bet he even has his own chaps and one of those funny leather hats y'all wear.

Try at least to do your part. Since you don't own a Harley anymore maybe you can ride bitch with scotto on his HD.

On an almost completely different subject, how do you feel aboot neberjels? Just in general, We can get into the specifics at a later time.

9. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    YO! I know what you be talking bout! You know what I'm saying bra?

The command of the English language eludes me today. Must have been the bite from the neberjel.

10. Badbilly

United States
  11. Badbilly

United States
    For the sharp of eye, the dude on the bike is Robert Goulet, another damned Canadian..;)

12. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Check out this Harley Dudes youtube clip I added this morning, from the following small SUV notice at the beginning of the video 2 of the Harleydudes appear left of our slow side lane past 2 kids on bikes from a "bicycle only" lane.

These guys were definitely wannabees with "Harley Davidson" accessories eg jackets etc, although edited for compactness when the road straightened they took off but when the road had a hint of a curve they were slow.

[video=youtube_share;gCqrkfE-MBU]http://youtu.be/gCqrkfE-MBU[/video]

Youtube direct Linky:
    http://youtu.be/gCqrkfE-MBU

13. VFR777

VFR777 New Member

Map
    I really think this thread ought to be titled "Who Hates Harley Davidson Riders"

14. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    :lever:there is nothing wrong with a Harley except the riders that part is true. A torque monster for really heavy bikes and great gas mileage, very easy to fix.

15. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    What the hell do you know dim wit, fix your mirror with duck tape...DICK

16. FJ12rydertoo

FJ12rydertoo Member

United States
    Map
    Have you ever really worked on one? I have and they are not easy to work on. Everything is a kludge, nothing is easy to get to, and once you get to it it's like working on a '46 Binder.

We had to completely pull the pipes, including head pipes which is a total PIA, to change the clutch cable. Yeah, they still use cables. I'll take my VFR anytime.

And gas mileage is lousy too. My stepson's 08 Street Glide gets upper 30's. Which is pretty common. Anything over 40 is considered wonderful. Overpriced, antiquated, ill-handling, slow, and mostly pretty ugly.

17. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    My brother is a mechanic and worked on a guy's Fat Boy. There are multiple aftermarket adjustable pushrods! Each set is different. Amazing! Now he will work on Ducati, Triumph, KTM, BMW, you name it, but never again a Harley!

18. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    Right . . .

19. Von 800

Von 800 New Member

don't mind the bikes and i'd never say no to a free (or even really cheap) v-rod/night rod, but the majority of the owners are straight-up posers who bought into a corporate image, and who aren't riding their ride in a way that minds the development of skills or an overall appreciation of the hobby -- they're just looking to get between stops on their twice-annual poker runs on the loudest, tackiest pair of two wheels their retirement can afford. (that said, i ride with some old gents who simply prefer to buy american and who shave their floorboards down thrashing on their aging, beat up v-twins.) harley-davidson seems to be a bumper sticker brand first-and-foremost, and an investment in the hobby of a lifetime second. not saying other bikes don't have douchestorms among their fans (see gixxer squids, dirt-free beamer power rangers) but reliably 3 in 4 harley owners are grating, posturing wank-a-doodles determined to turn their quasi-mortgaged flxr401k geezer glide with stage 9000 bolt-ons and "tuning" plus chromed-out scary skull motif into a little tribal totem for their sad puffed-up existences.

i mean, just sayin' 's all.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  20. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    Back in my bike shop days my boss, who was a master mechanic, was a Harley wrench for over 30 years. He was factory trained, ran his own independent repair shop and had forgot more about the workings of Harley's than most people know. He hated them. Seriously he used to dance around the shop and make up little songs about how honorably built they were and what dicks the factory guys were. In a more reflective mood I asked him once "why are Harley's so bad?" "They're not bad" He said. "If they are built right and ridden right they are as good a motorcycle as any. The problem is they were never built right from the factory (remember this was in AMF days) and they are not made to run 80 mph all day long. The original design was for low speed dirt and gravel roads and not for the high speed Interstates. They shake themselves to pieces." My boss always like to bring up the ill fated Topper scooter, the equally ill fated line of Italian two-strokes and the fact that the factory held orders of big bikes hostage making dealers buy the small bikes they couldn't sell in order to get the big bikes that would sell. Most of this is ancient history but not all. We were a BMW dealer. Every day he would marvel at the German engineering, the castings, the electrics and the workmanship. It was usually with an added derogatory comment directed at Harley Davidson with the words "shit" or "crap" thrown in.