Who Hates Harley Davidson?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Bubba Zanetti, Jan 31, 2008.

1. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    How do you stop a Harley owner on horseback?
    Unplug the carousel.

A biker and his girl were going to apply for a loan to buy a new mobile home.. they showed up together and the loans manager was in a bit of a bind. They both had long hair, tattoos, wore black leather, sunglasses, head bands. he didn't know which one was male and which one was female. Trying to sort out his dilemma in a discrete way he asked,

"Which one of you has the menstrual cycle?

The biker piped up ... "It must be her, I ride a Harley."

This Harley owner came home one day from work, hung up his leathers, took off his half helmet and walked into his bedroom shouting "honey I am home!" What should he see but his best friend in bed with his wife. Infuriated, he rushed to the bedside end table, pulled out his gun and put it to his head. His wife started laughing.

"Don't laugh!" he tells her. "You're next!"

Following the brutal assault of a young woman, the police rounded up the usual suspects for a lineup; suddenly, the Harley owning suspect stepped forward and screamed "That's her!!"

Harley owner knock-knock joke:

First Harley owner: Knock-Knock!

Second Harley owner: Come in!

A 12-year-old boy comes up to the Harley owner and says, "I was looking in your bedroom window last night and I saw your wife giving you a blow job. Nyah, nyah, nyah."

The Harley owner answers, "The joke's on you, Johnny. Nyah, nyah, nyah--I wasn't even home last night."

2. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I got this little tidbit in my mail box from the local Harley store. They are hosting a "Riding Gear Essentials Free Workshop" and it seemed rather humorous to me. What are they going to show, dew rags and fingerless gloves? The ad says "Learn about the latest products and technologies designed to help you get the most out of every mile with ultimate comfort and style." You will notice the marked absence of the word "safety" in the promotion of riding gear.

Harley-Gear.jpg

3. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    At the bottom of the brochure it says if you have any questions regarding the event to contact them. You should call an ask if you have to dress up like a pirate to attend.......................

4. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    More like one of the Village people. lol

5. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    You should go and show up in real full gear and see what they have to say.

6. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    What is Harley Davidson's version of AGATT, buttless chaps and chain wallets? I think the word "style" is key in the Harley riding gear world. They probably have a big selection of HUGE flags you can fly while you ride.

7. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
  8. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    The handkerchief code (also known as the hanky code, the bandana code, and flagging[1]) is a color-coded system, employed usually among the gay male casual-sex seekers, harleydoods or BDSM practitioners in the United States, Canada, and Europe, to indicate preferred sexual fetishes, what kind of sex they are seeking, and whether they are a top/dominant or bottom/submissive. The hanky code was widely used in the 1970s by gay and bisexual harleydoods, and grew from there to include all genders and orientations.

Today, wearing color-coded handkerchiefs (bandanas) is the manner in which communication of desires and fetishes is achieved. Wearing a handkerchief on the left side of the body typically indicates one is a "top" (one considered active in the practice of the fetish indicated by the color of the handkerchief), while wearing it on the right side of the body would indicate one is a "bottom" (one considered passive in the practice of the fetish indicated by the color of the handkerchief). This left-right reality is taken from the earlier practice of tops wearing their keys on the left belt loop and bottoms on the right to indicate being a member of the leather subculture. Bandanas might be worn in the front or back pocket, tied around the neck (with the knot positioned on either the left or right side); around the ankle (when wearing boots or when undressed); or on other parts of the body as in Harley-Davidson doo-rags.

There is no universally understood color code, and regional codes vary widely. There is general agreement upon the colors for more common practices, particularly those with an intuitive relation between the color and the practice, such as yellow for urolagnia; brown for coprophilia; and black for SM, but no absolute consensus for less common practices.

9. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    While I was in Nashville about a week ago, I rode my brother's 2013 Harley Fatboy. No complaints really, other than it hurt my lower back, but that's probably because of my posture. He has an air shock system on it, so it was a simple thing to set the rear suspension for my weight.

10. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I think there is a big difference between what truly is comfortable and what is thought to be comfortable. A Harley with a big wide seat, foot boards and pull back bars looks comfortable but the posture is all wrong. I prefer sport touring posture where my back is straight, my arms are straight and my legs are in a comfortable neutral position.

11. FJ12rydertoo

FJ12rydertoo Member

United States
    Map
    I couldn't agree more. To me that slouching posture has to be awful for comfort, and equally bad for your back. The proper sport/touring posture just makes so much more sense. Weight isn't supported solely by your butt, the legs and feet help support things.

But then again maybe these guys are still rebelling against their mothers for telling them not to slouch when they were kids.

12. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Your spine straight up and down taking all of the abuse....... Sport tour your supported on many points with your body moving with the bike, much better. Your back will thank you.

13. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    When I worked in a BMW shop we had a German factory rep who openly scoffed at American riding posture. He pointed out the same things. When you sit upright you begins to slouch over time and you back curves. If you are hold your arms straight out then the only thing you have supporting the weight of your arms is your grip on the bars. This leads to fatigue over time and bad control.

About a year ago I bought a Kawasaki Concours. It was nice and it had bags. My ride home was 45 minutes and my back stated to hurt. It had pull back bar riseres. I pulled them out and it helped. Ultimately I got ride of the bike because it just felt uncomfortable. It also felt like a tractor.

14. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    Found this in a story I was reading. Thought it was funny and pretty much on the mark.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
  16. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    No. Why waste the emotional capital on hating an inanimate object like someone else's motorcycle? "Our thoughts create the world we see".

17. Deckrat

Deckrat New Member

United States
    Map
    I don't hate the motorcycles. I just hate that the owners of those motorcycles hate MY motorcycle.
    When I put pictures of my VFR on Facebook, the first comment from the wife of my Harley owning buddy was NOT "nice bike", but "should have bought a Harley."
    They just can't think outside the box their non-DOT half-lid came in...

18. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I don't hate the motorcycles. I hate the xenophobic attitude of Harley owners (and fostered by the company that sells such bikes) that America is the promised land and that a Harley is the best bike ever made. It's not. There are a host of great bikes for all different types of riding, made in many countries and they all have something going for them from an Aprilia to a Zero. I hate the flag waving beer guzzling life style image these Harley devotees bring to my country.

19. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I particularly hate dentists who ride Harleys.

Is a dead harleydood inanimate or do they just look that way?

20. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    It use to be I didn't give hoot about HD and there owners. they can do what they want in their circle, but this last outing where 90% of the bikes out on the road where HDs they all came across as I'm cool look at me.
    snots all dressed up in there rags and stirrups, the way they go down the road like they own it. Not a one waved back, now those on other cruiser type waved, even on a stop one of the other style cruiser think it was a Vulcan they came over and admired or rides and chatted. But not those HD grittes, so to them I say Pfff..