Whoosh noise then engine cuts out.

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Bikermike1, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Bikermike1

Bikermike1 New Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for your help and suggestions guys, I'm off on vacation for the next couple of weeks so won't be able to do any investigating till I get back. GreginDenver it is the model with a catalytic converter.

2. Bikermike1

Bikermike1 New Member

United Kingdom
    The backfire has only happened twice on the last 3 runs I have had. On the first run I was riding for about 1.5 hours and it happened at the end of the run. On the second run I was out riding for about 1 hour and it didn't happen. The third run was the same as the first and again it happened at the end of the run. Sorry I thought I had give this info earlier but on reading through the complete post realised I hadn't.

3. hornetgr

hornetgr New Member

Greece
    Hi to all,

Bringing it up as i have the same problem. (Vfr800Abs4)
    Any luck or solution with this problem?

4. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Hi Hometgr - welcome to the Forum!

You may be better off starting a new thread rather than tagging onto a "back from the grave" thread, especially one which appears to have run out of steam without any feedback to say whether the original issue was ever resolved or indeed how. Sadly too often I see people on this forum offer advice but we then receive no further feedback from the person who raised the issue initially. Quite possibly some of the advice helped them to fix their bike and they are now happily off riding their VFR but without people taking the time to provide an update sadly we have no idea what if anything actually resolved the issue.

The value of this forum is greatly enhanced when people find time to provide an update clearly stating what the problem actually proved to be and how they fixed it.

Whilst brevity is helpful on most forums - when it comes to asking for technical help with a problem - the more pertinent information you can provide the better. Please remember this is a worldwide forum so more often than not we are often hundreds of miles away and can only work with what you tell us.

So if your 2004? VFR 800 vtec ABS is producing a weird noise/fumes when the bike shuts off, perhaps it would help if you can make a short video with a camera phone and upload a YouTube link so we can see and hear what is happening?

SkiMad

squirrelman and 34468 Randy like this.
  5. hornetgr

hornetgr New Member

Greece
    Sorry, for the mess! I thought that maybe i would "poke" the original owner of the thread to answer .
    In any case thanks for the attention , as for the video cannot replicate the problem because its rare and with no warning.

6. Bikermike1

Bikermike1 New Member

United Kingdom
    Sorry I should have posted an update but the reason I did’nt post a solution was because I never found one. The problem stopped as suddenly as it started, I’ve done over a 1000 miles since the last event and everything has been good. In the end I put it down to dirt or crap getting into the system.