Yes I am new here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by WilliamDailey, Dec 27, 2016.

1. WilliamDailey

WilliamDailey New Member

Map
    My dear friend Pete passed away and before he passed away he was in the process of putting RC51 forks on the bike. Well I have ended up with the bike and since Pete wanted to do this I intend to finish it. No the bike is not for sale. I will keep it until I kick the bucket and at my age you never know. :distracted: My wife Deb had a VFR800 when we first got married and has been talking about getting another one. We both ride. She has mostly ridden sport bikes CBR600s and me I have rode everything made. I had a really bad crash in 2006 that should have ended my life but here I am. Then in 2007 I was getting back into riding so I bought a DRZ400 and was riding to work one morning and broad sided a huge black bear. Broken shoulder and out of riding for a few months. This is not counting the low sides I have had playing around on the motards. That was the really fun days. I now have arthritis in my spine and I have resorted to mostly riding my Victory Cross Roads since it's comfy. I do ride Deb's 1250 Bandit some. I ride at least twice a week. Since I am retired I get to. Plus I trout fish and catfish. I started riding in 1968. My first bike was a CB350. Since then I have owned more then 50 bikes. I need to add them up one day. I am going to finish the VFR and ride it some. Deb will ride it a lot more then me. I now have the forks mounted and trying to decide what to do about clipons. Let's not forget my pets Goldie,Scooter and Psycho the kitty cat. Okay I do have three children and six grand children. :peaceful: There you ga a short story by William Dailey.

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Requests for pix soon to follow. Don't pay any attention to requests for your sperm count.

3. WilliamDailey

WilliamDailey New Member

Map
    Sperm count not what it used to be.

4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Welcome to The World William. Sounds like you have a nice project ahead of you and I'm sure there are several folks here on the forum that can help you get it complete. Sorry about the loss of your friend. I'm sure the bike will hold a bit of sentimental value. Good luck with your project.

5. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Hi Will, just saw your write up on FB Wow, what an honor. Hope it all plays out well, your freind got off to a great start. Now, I Guess he wanted you to have something to do Huh ;) all things being , take your time ask questions when you're unsure, theres lots of a great folks here in the know.

6. WilliamDailey

WilliamDailey New Member

Map
    It gives something to do and it's something I enjoy. There are a lot of stuff missing. The panels that go on the inside of the fairing are just some of it. His wife moved after he passed away and I guess it got tossed.

Attached Files:

7. WilliamDailey

WilliamDailey New Member

Map
    The forks installed

Attached Files:

8. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Welcome to the site Willy. Looks like you have an important project on the go there. You should start a separate thread on the build. Many here do like to follow along on projects such as this. Sounds like you are older than me. I like to see people older than me still kicking bikes around. Makes me feel less antiquated.

9. safetypro10

safetypro10 New Member

United States
    Map
    Try 929/954 clip ons. They arch up and make life a little easier.

If you like custom stuff, try converti-bars. Infinity adjustable.

Don't forget front fender from RC51.

Larry

10. WilliamDailey

WilliamDailey New Member

Map
    Okay I will start another thread. Thanks for any info.