You have to see this 85' VF700...

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by tjwor, Nov 20, 2010.

1. daveyto

daveyto New Member

I'll take a "voluptuous lady" over that any day!!!

And its way over priced!!!

Sorry.

2. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

ummm, errr, well I ah um see ah um :faint:

3. danielcbaeta

danielcbaeta New Member

Real riders appriciate anything with 2 wheels.

I just bought that bike, and also just registered as a vfrworld user. First of all, read my introduction and theres a little part in there for all you bike bashers. Incase you dont read that, read this, STHU please. Noone wants to hear about how you'd rather be caught on a Harley (which actually ride better than alot of bikes in my opinion) or a fat chick (which has nothing to do with the topic at hand.) If you can give an honest opinion without being a tool about it, then do it, but if you feel it completely necessary to talk trash about a builder who worked on a budget and came up with a unique design, then as stated above, STHU. I met the builder, and if you've seen any of the things he does on a real budget, you'd be eating your words. This bike is put together and made in such a way that I would LOVE to see you try and do it yourself. Just making a swing-arm from scratch that is road worthy and safe would be an impossible task for most of us (including me.) He's an engineering genius, and can fabricate almost anything. To be honest, the exhaust, turn signals, and headlights aren't my style either, thats why I already took them off. I'm having my brother fabricate some diamond plate covers for all the holes (painted flat-black of course), and a custom fairing/headlight mount for a more standard light to be fitted. After all is said and done, it's going to look clean and great. I see nothing but potential in this bike, and I intend to use every bit of it. No matter how much you hate it...it's still a Honda VF700F that you love so much, or should I say, hate so much?

4. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    Well put Daniel! I've ridden everything from mopeds to super-sport bikes and no matter what I am riding I always have a smile on my face as long as it has two wheels on it. I got teased by alot of my sportbike riding friends when I rented a Harley Heritage Softail in Florida a couple of years ago but I didn't let it bother me one bit. I still had an awesome time since I was at the beach, the weather was pefect, and I was on two wheels and not four.

Rollin

5. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Au contraire, mon fraire! Actually, no one bashed the engine. Just everything that surrounds it. And its called opinions. Such as my opinion is that you shouldn't be so sensitive to someone hating on your bike. My bike is yellow. Lots of people here, on THIS forum, hate yellow. Should I take my ball and go home?

Stick around. Lighten up Francis. And post up some recent pictures so we can follow the changes you make to it. Maybe someone might even have an idea that you like...

6. danielcbaeta

danielcbaeta New Member

Guilty by association

I don't take it too personally when someone "hates" on a bike that is different or yellow. The entire biker community takes offense to it. If you've ever spent any real time at a rally (not a bunch of street-riders hanging out at Starbucks), you would know that people like that are absolutely despised. Psychologically, almost 100% of the negative "opinions" as you so called it, are mere projections of a persons own flaws, fears or past experiences. When people start trashing a builder or his bike, they give us all a bad image. It makes us all look like a bunch of uneducated tools with some deep seated issues. The best comparison I can offer is like those guys that ride around with bright mohawks on their helmets and a T-shirt wearing a bullet-proof vest styled back brace. If they ACTUALLY cared about their safety they would be wearing proper protective gear, but instead they just want to pose and look super cool in their gear, next to their super sweet bike. Those guys than get OFF the bike and make retarded comments in public or start fights and trouble, and guess what, you and I then are guilty by association to those morons, when the only thing we have in common with them is the fact we ride a motorcycle. Bike bashers give us all the same negative image. It makes us all appear to be like a bunch of cave men having a dick-swinging contest, or having the inherent NEED to have our despise of the color yellow KNOWN amongst all who will listen. Its stupid. Keep that crud to yourself. Sorry to rant lol