Zach Courts giving some love to the RC30

Discussion in 'VFR in the News' started by comradeQuestion, Aug 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. comradeQuestion

    comradeQuestion New Member

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2018
    Messages:
    45
    Likes Received:
    14
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    Oregon
    Map


    Zach Courts is a very lucky boy to get this bike out for a spin. What a beautiful machine.
     
  2. Diving Pete

    Diving Pete Member

    Country:
    United Kingdom
    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2016
    Messages:
    1,925
    Likes Received:
    536
    Trophy Points:
    143
    Location:
    London
    Map
    I'm still not sure about his results. If I could afford one which I can't unless I sell 5 bikes, which I won't, then I would love this as a driver. Making a race bike a daily driver is just silly - the compromise's that are needed to ride these not as they are designed for means you are selling it short. Bikes like this were made with one purpose & lights and indicators were just bolted on.
     
    squirrelman likes this.
  3. comradeQuestion

    comradeQuestion New Member

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2018
    Messages:
    45
    Likes Received:
    14
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    Oregon
    Map
    I think you just reiterated what he said in the video. Its a fantastic bike to ride, but not one you would want to live with riding every day. Its position on the leader board reflects that.
     
  4. weevee

    weevee New Member

    Country:
    United Kingdom
    Joined:
    May 16, 2018
    Messages:
    50
    Likes Received:
    26
    Trophy Points:
    18
    They're better than you might expect for every day use. I've ridden mine back-to-back with the Gen 5 I bought as a daily rider, and really it's the better bike in many respects. Its ergonomics are more cramped, yes, but its engine is a lot smoother and (surprisingly) more tractable than the 800s ~ and its suspension & fuelling (..as he too found) is on another level. Brakes and relative 'chuckability' are entirely dependent on the pads and tyres you fit to it: his assessment in that regard applies to the bike he rode and no other, so it means little. I've owned many a bike in the years I've owned my RC, and no matter which one I choose to ride on a run-out, I'm generally left wishing I'd left it at home in favour of the '30!
     
  5. Diving Pete

    Diving Pete Member

    Country:
    United Kingdom
    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2016
    Messages:
    1,925
    Likes Received:
    536
    Trophy Points:
    143
    Location:
    London
    Map
    And that’s my point.. for 90% of riding I would choose my RVF400 and if I had a RC30 or 45 I would choose them. The other 10% would the vfr800 as I can put the panniers and box on it, and it’s really planted in the wet.
     
  6. scottbott

    scottbott Insider

    Country:
    United Kingdom
    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2016
    Messages:
    342
    Likes Received:
    78
    Trophy Points:
    58
    Location:
    Grantham,Lincolnshire,UK
    Map
    such a good looking bike, I need tonights Eurolottery to buy one
     
Related Topics

Share This Page