Zach Courts giving some love to the RC30

Discussion in 'VFR in the News' started by comradeQuestion, Aug 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. comradeQuestion

comradeQuestion New Member

United States
    Map

Zach Courts is a very lucky boy to get this bike out for a spin. What a beautiful machine.

2. Diving Pete

Diving Pete Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I'm still not sure about his results. If I could afford one which I can't unless I sell 5 bikes, which I won't, then I would love this as a driver. Making a race bike a daily driver is just silly - the compromise's that are needed to ride these not as they are designed for means you are selling it short. Bikes like this were made with one purpose & lights and indicators were just bolted on.

squirrelman likes this.
  3. comradeQuestion

comradeQuestion New Member

United States
    Map
    I think you just reiterated what he said in the video. Its a fantastic bike to ride, but not one you would want to live with riding every day. Its position on the leader board reflects that.

4. weevee

weevee New Member

United Kingdom
    They're better than you might expect for every day use. I've ridden mine back-to-back with the Gen 5 I bought as a daily rider, and really it's the better bike in many respects. Its ergonomics are more cramped, yes, but its engine is a lot smoother and (surprisingly) more tractable than the 800s ~ and its suspension & fuelling (..as he too found) is on another level. Brakes and relative 'chuckability' are entirely dependent on the pads and tyres you fit to it: his assessment in that regard applies to the bike he rode and no other, so it means little. I've owned many a bike in the years I've owned my RC, and no matter which one I choose to ride on a run-out, I'm generally left wishing I'd left it at home in favour of the '30!

5. Diving Pete

Diving Pete Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    And that’s my point.. for 90% of riding I would choose my RVF400 and if I had a RC30 or 45 I would choose them. The other 10% would the vfr800 as I can put the panniers and box on it, and it’s really planted in the wet.

6. scottbott

scottbott Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    such a good looking bike, I need tonights Eurolottery to buy one