Zero Gravity Double Bubble or Sport Tour

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by NorcalBoy, Dec 8, 2007.

1. eddie cap

eddie cap New Member

Hey Guys; I have been thinking about replacing my stock windscreen also. Usually my decisions on most things are function based,however when it comes to the look of my bike, I really like the streamlined racey look. Danimal,you said it best,scooter! I think Im gonna give the double bubble a look-see. Anyway thanks to all for your input. eddie

2. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

The windscreen on the VFR is so easy to change that I bought one of each. I've got the ZG Sport Touring for the long haul and the Double Bubble for the more aggressive weekend rides out at the coast. My best gal likes the Sport Touring screen when riding pillion and I like the Double Bubble for those Sunday rides with my buddies. Both are perfect for each of their respective applications. Variety is the spice of life and with a windscreen change time of less than 5 minutes - get both. :biggrin:

3. chomper

chomper New Member

United States
    Map
    Norcal, thats a great idea, good excuse to buy another screen:biggrin:
    installed a puig sport tour dark smoke last year has a slight hook and 2" taller (better for me @6ft 2) i thought it looked better than stock probably because its smoked. i sure don't want it to look like a scooter!!:eek:if you get a chance post some pics one of each screen, i still keep leaning towards a double bubble dark smoke, there is a couple pics of puig screen in my gallery

4. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Hey Chomper - that Puig screen looks pretty nice on your machine - the rolled edge is a really nice detail touch that the ZG screens don't have. That's a good lookin' machine, I must say! Bein' that I'm a short f#$%^&r the Sport Touring screen is pretty tall to me. I definately noticed a difference in reduced wind blast and noise when I mounted it up.

I ordered a DB but I'm waiting on delivery due to the fact that I ordered a colored screen that they don't normally stock. I should have it in the next couple of weeks according to my supplier.
    So for now, if you want to check out a visual comparison of the ZG VFR800 screens just click on this link -

http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/sportbikes/honda_sptbks/454.htm

5. whynot?

whynot? New Member

I have a ZG Sport touring , MRA Vario with the 7 position lip. I have a Nolan N102 and Shoei RF1000 helmet. Each feels different with different helmets. MRA Vario worked the best with both Helmets. Like all 3 of then (including stock). It is fast to change the screens so I change them a lot. For sportier look the stock or ZG with Shoei and for daily commuting MRA with N102 linked with Zumo .

6. chomper

chomper New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks for the link that seems like a good deal for a screen.i payed double but then i purchased local ,always more. surprised they dont have an edge for safety reasons. Rolled edge is just a simple piece of clear tubing cut to fit over edge almost didnt install it but it looked good so i left it on but still not as good quality screen as OEM. zg touring looks taller than puig ,i like that DB
    when you get it installed you'll have to give us a review
    Thanks Jeff

7. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Happy Holidays Jeff! I wanted to give you a heads up if you wanted to purchase another screen at some point.

I purchased mine from Pipe City in Arizona - http://www.pipecity.com/Search/CategorySearch.cfm/IP/2_9_0_0/_1/Street/_2/Honda/_3/VFR800/ManuID/410. I have used these folks a few times and they have great customer service and quick shipping. I believe the final price was $91.00 including the shipping. There is also a really nice guy here on the forum who goes by the handle KIA001, he was offering some pretty good ZG deals a while back, you could PM him if you wanted.

I like to buy from out of state because it saves money on taxes. After you spend $2 - $3,000 it adds up quick. I saved enough in taxes to purchase a Powerlet outlet and cable, a Techmount Stem Stand, and part of the cost of a radar detector by going this route. Anyway, I'll post up some photos of my machine when I get her all assembled so you can check it out. Hope Santa brings ya somethin' good!

8. Lgn001

Lgn001 Member

United States
    Map
    Hello, Gang. I'm about 5' 8", 31" inseam. I have an '07 with an MRA Vario (same as "whynot?"), stock seat & handlebars. Even with the Vario in the steepest spoiler position, I still get wind blast at eye level (it was chin level w/stock). Anybody out there find a screen that directs the wind blast above eye level? Thx!