Politics, politics, politics.....

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Ghost_Rider, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Bring on the ban hammer!!!! It is way over due.

Samuel likes this.
  2. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    I know I can just not click and not read. Same way everybody else can just not respond and let this thread fade away. Reminds me of that trolling prick that used to slither around here. (I guess it's a good thing I can't remember his username)

Edit: Fuck, I just remembered.

Can anybody tell me where the forum is we talk about VFRs? I can get this bickering shit anywhere, as close as with my parents unfortunately. Yes, some things need to change and be talked about, but we're not gonna change anybody's mind doing this middle school crap. I come here to get away and talk about stuff that makes me happy, like V-FOURs.

hawkgtforum has put a stop to it because members have seen what it has done to other forums that used to be enjoyable, and they don't want to see the same thing happen to such a great community.

Flame me, it's fine.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  3. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

This is child's play compared to CSM at ADV Rider. These mutherfuckers would get eaten alive over there. Threatening to ban someone for disagreeing with your position is complete horseshit, BTW. However, I would expect it from those who propose it.

fink and cat0020 like this.
  4. cat0020

cat0020 Trumper

United States
    Map
    Exactly.
    Ban me, close this thread, I don't care, I would expect no less from someone who would abuse their authority in a forum anyway.
    It doesn't make my previous posts any less of reality in our society.
    I think generally people avoid political discussions because they are out of practice.
    Lack of practice makes folks unable to discuss politics without resorting to personal attacks.
    Lack of discussion leads to polarization of different views, further disable empathy for others with different background & situations in life.
    Learning & practicing in ANY discussions take understanding to participate.
    When folks refuse to understand how our government works & refuse to accept reality; there is no discussion to be done.
    Justice is NOT a partisan issue.
    Accountability is NOT a partisan issue.
    If we do not hold Trump accountable for the deadly attack on American democracy, we open the door to far worse for the future of America.
    It is not divisive to call out white supremacy.
    What is divisive: refusal to even discuss to eliminate white supremacy.

5. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    Interesting! I didn't know that about Hurwitz. I started reading his stuff a few years ago; have exchanged a few emails with him over that time; and met him once at a book signing/intro in Santa Monica before the Covid shutdown. We never talked politics and I would never have guessed from his stuff that I have read so far (Orphan X, Tim Rackley, standalones, etc) that he leaned that way. Or maybe I'm just dense... :D

6. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Tink has put up a cohesive rational opinion to represent his side during what is a wild political time, in my opinion. Several others have also verbalized their feelings aboot the politics of our day. Politics as normal in my opinion. I enjoy reading this thread and respect the opinions even if i disagree and post little as I do not wish to offend. Fucknut 0020 has just been an obnoxious annoying rash on my lower nut sack with his trolling meme horse shit. He is a mentally ill troll that brings nothing to the forum but anger, and I am guessing to his delight.

Ban the meme horse shit and express your political views with at least some kind of rational that does not make the rest of the forum avoid this thread. Or ban fucknut 0200.

I could be wrong but he is not really one of us. We as a group have rode together over the years and argued our politics in person. He is just a troll. Simple as that. I have had many of you in my home and been in many of your homes as we are friends and family for the most part.

Thumbs likes this.
  7. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    TOE CUTTER 2024 !

8. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    I don't know anything about TC but I'd be willing to bet 4 years pay that his morals, values, and ethics are far superior to those of who we have in there now (1 and 2)!

9. cat0020

cat0020 Trumper

United States
    Map
  10. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map